ROKSAN K2 Series Bi Amplified (Kandy K2 Integrated + K2 Power Amplifier)

OWL4

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have any opinion or experience related to use ROKSAN K2 integrated + K2 power amp in order to bi amplify speakers, share please.

Currently I have K2, but I'm eager to know your ideas about extra benefits of bi amping these 2 amps.

Thank you.

Have to confess that I've not heard the K2 bi-amped. However, have heard Arcams and Rotels, and they all pretty much do the same job: The idea of using a power amp is it cleans power or current so makes, in theory, the sound more punchy aand better defined.

Not too sure why should want to use a power amp with the K2: They generally have very good current to begin with. It's more beneficial with Arcam and other makes that doesn't produce such a pure current.

dansettemajor

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I found that the addition of the K2 Power amp to form a bi amplified system with the K2 integrated, provides a bigger sound stage and greater depth to the bass response. My Mission 796's certainly benefit from the extra bass depth of the bi amplified system. I suppose it depends on your speakers, but I feel it has benefitted my system.

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Owl4,

I have the Kandy K2 Integrated/Power combination feeding my Jamo C803 Standmount speakers and they do an amazing job. Admittedly, I haven't heard them without the power amp, but previously I had them bi-amped off my old AVR for stereo, an Onkyo TXNR905, certainly no slouch of an AVR, however, as soon as I switched that out for the Kandy, my word did the soundstage open up! Everything certainly got more lively, there was better spread in the stereo sound field and music just flat out became more enjoyable to listen to.

Regards,

Tarkan.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have one of the older Kandy power amps and after adding it I found the sound produced to be much improved. I found the K2 amp alone too warm for my taste, like a damp blanket had been placed over the sound stage. Adding the PA helped redefine the music, adding real clarity and a little more punch. I can only imagine the latest K2 power amp will have an even greater impact.

OWL4

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all my friends for taking time and paying attention,

For me two sets of speakers are available to be bi amplified, [ ELAC BS63.2 - bookshelf ] or [ Paradigm Monitor 7 - tower]

Currently I have NAD stereo integrated (60 w/ch) + power amp. (120 w/ch), driving bookshelves and I feel and hear the sonic advantages over integrated amp. connected alone,

but my main doubt lies here :

Is it also logical to connect ROKSAN K2 integrated, rated (120 w/ch with higher quality than NAD 60 w/ch) only to tweeters? or it's some kind of wasting amp's power and money?

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
but my main doubt lies here :

Is it also logical to connect ROKSAN K2 integrated, rated (120 w/ch with higher quality than NAD 60 w/ch) only to tweeters? or it's some kind of wasting amp's power and money?

I basically wondered the exact same thing. I assumed the two amps sharing the work load ie, intergrated driving one speaker (both HF and LF) and the power amp the other speaker would make more sense. I believe this is know as vertical bi-amping I tried this even though the wpc are slightly different in my case (K2 = 125 wpc vs PA = 120 wpc) . I believe when the power amp drives just the mid/base and the intergrated drives the HF that's horizontal ? I may have this all mixed up and I'm sure there are other threads relating to this. All I can say is my K2 intergrated drives my HF tweeters only and I prefered the very noticable change in presentation.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
In all the reported cases it has nothing to do with the amps lacking power and current. It's the inneficient crossovers in your speakers that as passive components deminish audible sonic performance. Of course not all passive crossovers are created equal. Some are more frugal than others and don't act as a tight bottleneck.

An active crossover is the full resolution of the issue. Google arround, there is lots of info about this out there.

furry65

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have Kandy K2B2 integrated amp..If I purchase their power amp. To Bi-Amp my GS 100 stand mounted monitor audio speaker . What is the best way to connect the amp . & speakers. Help please

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Passive bi-amping is a fairly expensive way to gain no real improvement.

You do not get more power, neither do the amplifiers 'share the load', they are both driving full range and if using non identical amplifiers the results are usually worse than using a single amplifier.

Unfortunately the appeal of adding an extra amplifier is a big one, more watts gives a bigger better sound, obviously.

Except that it turns out not to be the case, far bigger improvements will be made by improving the quality of the amplifier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts