Roksan Caspian set questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently bought the Roksan Caspian M2 integrated amplifier and Cd player. I am using Dali Ikon 7 speakers. Is it worth to add the Roksan Caspian Power Amplifier? What would really be good speakers for this set? Any suggestions on speaker cables? It is not s super high-end set, but I am looking on how to optimize it.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Kuiko said:
I recently bought the Roksan Caspian M2 integrated amplifier and Cd player. I am using Dali Ikon 7 speakers. Is it worth to add the Roksan Caspian Power Amplifier? What would really be good speakers for this set? Any suggestions on speaker cables? It is not s super high-end set, but I am looking on how to optimize it.

Yes, definitely worth trying the power amp too.

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I would go and have a listen or get one on home audition.

I was thinking exactly the same as you, I got one on home audition and could not hear a big differance defiantly not £1500 worth.

£ for £ there are much better upgrades in my opinion only.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I agree with previous comment about getting a demo first, I heard one on two seperate occasions, was offered a great deal but could not justify the expenditure to the benefit.

There is no improvement on sound quality, there is an improvement on speaker control but it is slight.

If you have a good listening space with large speakers and listen to at loud volume regularly then it might be right for you.

Good luck

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. Any advice on the perfect speakers for this set?

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is a perfect speaker it is down to you personal taste and what your ears like.

This is what I auditioned before I purchase my PM1's

Spendor,Proacs,Pmc, b&w cm9 &pm1.

Go have a listen everybody has different opinions what is important is your happy with the sound.

Good luck

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is a perfect speaker it is down to you personal taste and what your ears like.

This is what I auditioned before I purchase my PM1's

Spendor,Proacs,Pmc, b&w cm9 &pm1.

Go have a listen everybody has different opinions what is important is your happy with the sound.

Good luck

benchan

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I used to have Caspian Integrated + Caspian Power combo - the addition of the extra power amplifier was definitely an improvement, especially when playing large orchestral music or solo piano pieces at highish volumes. However having said this, this was back when the caspian integrated retailed for £700 and the power amp for £600.

BTW, in the end I ended up using the integrated as a "pre amp" into the Caspian Power - if you haven't tried this it's worth a try. That's how I had it before in a moment of madness I ditched the whole thing for a Quad 66 + 606 combo!

benchan

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I used to have Caspian Integrated + Caspian Power combo - the addition of the extra power amplifier was definitely an improvement, especially when playing large orchestral music or solo piano pieces at highish volumes. However having said this, this was back when the caspian integrated retailed for £700 and the power amp for £600.

BTW, in the end I ended up using the integrated as a "pre amp" into the Caspian Power - if you haven't tried this it's worth a try. That's how I had it before in a moment of madness I ditched the whole thing for a Quad 66 + 606 combo!

Jumping Jack

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I used the M2 integrated with a M1 power amplifier to bi-amp my PMC Fbi1 Sign. Ed. The power amp made quite a difference imho, everything sounded more fluent, easier. And best of all, the M1 is a lot cheaper to find than the new M2 while the differences between them are minimal...

TRENDING THREADS