Roksan Caspian or Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

The rosewood looks great. I love piano black but, judging by my AVIs, will look very imposing on a pair of bigg'ish floorstanders. Plus, it won't be black finish, it'll be dust finish lol

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Lol. a bit of dust is ok. I only know of one person who dusts his amps speakers etc. Smells great when it warms up i think,lol.

Bad move Gerrard , she will want a new sofa and carpet to go with her choice !!.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
floyd droid:
Lol. a bit of dust is ok. I only know of one person who dusts his amps speakers etc. Smells great when it warms up i think,lol.

Bad move Gerrard , she will want a new sofa and carpet to go with her choice !!.

If I get the speakers, I don't mind the compromise! Just seen them in the mag as well this morning, just to top it off (Beethoven's I know but they look very similar).

A

Anonymous

igglebert:Good luck with it Gerrardasnails. I think life is about risk-taking. I've just set up my AVI ADM9.1T and the result is stunning. A risk worth taking but it's had me sweating a few times. Unfortunately I'm sad enough to have even woken up during the night after ordering. lol Iggle you crack me up. Try buying 30+ properties, refurbing and lettting them out, that,s a small risk ha ha. I never thought i would see the day you changed your Spendor,s. The AVI,s must be fantastic, well done, like to know how they sound eventually. John

A

Anonymous

Haha, fair play johnnyjazz! I'm not a risk taker at all in those terms, but I wish you well with your endeavours. I hope the risk is rewarded. The Spendors have some seriously attractive qualities and I still recommend them to people as before. Just look at them. In terms of accuracy, the AVIs ate quite ahead.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, Gerrard but I'd like to ask Igglebert one question.

Iggs, what was the main motivation for changing to actives? was it convenience or pure sound quality? If it was the latter, could you not achieve greater accuracy by changing your amps and may be tinkering with the DAC? Apologise, you may have answered this question already.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts