Roksan Caspian mono block

ANWKLO

May 12, 2010
Visit site
My existing system are Roksan Kandy K2 CDP, Caspian M1 Integrated Amp and Roksan FR-5 loudspeakers.

Please advise if there is any significant improvement of adding a pair of Roksan Caspian M1 monoblocks?

There should be: I heard the Caspian monoblocs about 3 years ago hooked up to some Wilson Benesch standmounter speakers. One of the very best systems I've ever heard.

In saying that, I'm not familiar with your speakers so I don't know how they compare to WB.

ANWKLO

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Is it a good bargan $900 for a pair of Roksan Caspian monoblock? In super mint condition. Not a single scratch or mark on the units.

WinterRacer

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
ANWKLO said:
Is it a good bargan $900 for a pair of Roksan Caspian monoblock? In super mint condition. Not a single scratch or mark on the units.

Yes, that's a good price for a good amps. I used to own a Caspian M1 Pre and m1 mono blocs and was very happy with them. The mono blocs had a couple of minor scratches and pre + monos sold for £1400 on fleabay recently.

ANWKLO

May 12, 2010
Visit site
WinterRacer said:
ANWKLO said:

Yes, that's a good price for a good amps. I used to own a Caspian M1 Pre and m1 mono blocs and was very happy with them. The mono blocs had a couple of minor scratches and pre + monos sold for £1400 on fleabay recently.

The selling price of £1400 is good. BTW, what speakers were driving? I Just order a pair of Roksan Caspian monoblock and am so excited of expecting them. I will try bi-amp with integrated driving HF and mono driving LF / mono driving both LR speakers.

WinterRacer

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
ANWKLO said:
The selling price of £1400 is good. BTW, what speakers were driving? I Just order a pair of Roksan Caspian monoblock and am so excited of expecting them. I will try bi-amp with integrated driving HF and mono driving LF / mono driving both LR speakers.

Yep, I was pleased with it. They were mainly used with Monitor Audio PL100s. These are quite a difficult load at 4ohm nominal, but the Roksans coped with no problems and at high levels.

ANWKLO

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I got my Roskan caspian Mono blocks two weeks ago. Do I need to swap in a Caspian M1 preampifier with my Caspian M1 integrated amp?

WinterRacer

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
ANWKLO said:
I got my Roskan caspian Mono blocks two weeks ago. Do I need to swap in a Caspian M1 preampifier with my Caspian M1 integrated amp?

No, you can use your Caspian integrated as a Pre-amp or alternatively you can use it to drive your tweeters (if you like the idea of bi-amping).

ANWKLO

May 12, 2010
Visit site
WinterRacer said:
ANWKLO said:

No, you can use your Caspian integrated as a Pre-amp or alternatively you can use it to drive your tweeters (if you like the idea of bi-amping).

Roksan's Reuben also suggest bi-amping. Just wonder a delicate Caspian M1 preampifier is more refine and detail ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts