Roksan Blak amp

Nathan

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
So a thread I did on what turntable to buy turned into which phono stage to buy as I had a Roksan Caspian M2 amp. In the end I swapped in the M2 and bought a Roksan Blak. I was going to leave it there but the amp - which arrived 40 minutes ago - deserves its own post.

I'm waiting for the phono to arrive so I plugged in my Roksan Kandy KC1 mk3 and gave my usual test disc of Queen II a go.

Now my M2 was well burned in and sounded awesome. I only expected a little improvement with the Blak as although it is £1,000 more than the M2 it includes a pretty high end phono stage and an isolated headphone amp which would be a grand as separates. I was wrong. So so wrong.

Now bearing in mind that this amp is fresh out of the box, the sound was staggering. My neighbour has an M2 as well and as mine has gone back to the shop so I borrowed his to make sure my wallet was not tricking my ears. It was not. Every aspect of the album was sharper, richer and clearer with new parts coming through.

Id read some reviews of it describing it as a bargain due to the sounds plus the phono stage and headphone amp which I thought was rather a silly comment however I now agree. For what you get for the money this amp is incredible.

Can't wait until the turntable now arrives and the amp is burnt in. My wife though has already caught me eyeing up the Blak CD player.......

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Not surprised at all! I have imagined (rightly or wrongly) that the blak is roksans amp that can genuinely rival the Abrahamsen V2up. I expect it has the detail and grip on transients that the Abe does, but with more power. A dream amp!

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
radiorog said:
 Not surprised at all! I have imagined (rightly or wrongly) that the blak is roksans amp that can genuinely rival the Abrahamsen V2up. I expect it has the detail and grip on transients that the Abe does, but with more power. A dream amp!

Are you thinking about it?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:

I wish I could afford it to be in that position. The abe still tempts me, as do the avi dm10,but I'd have to hear them fjrst. Are you still thinking of getting the avi's?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
radiorog said:
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:

I wish I could afford it to be in that position. The abe still tempts me, as do the avi dm10,but I'd have to hear them fjrst. Are you still thinking of getting the avi's?

Yes definately but have many things to get first as building the atmos atm.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:

Cool! What is an atmos?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
radiorog said:
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:

Cool! What is an atmos? 

Hahaha i'll rephrase that.
A home cinema dolby atmos set up with atc speakers.
Centre, rears, ceilings, sub etc

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:

Cool! What is an atmos?

Hahaha i'll rephrase that. A home cinema dolby atmos set up with atc speakers. Centre, rears, ceilings, sub etc

Looks nice! How come not using avi speakers for this? And so the avi's will be strictly for music and stereo listening?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
radiorog said:
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:
Andrewjvt said:
radiorog said:

Cool! What is an atmos? 

Hahaha i'll rephrase that. A home cinema dolby atmos set up with atc speakers. Centre, rears, ceilings, sub etc

Looks nice! How come not using avi speakers for this? And so the avi's will be strictly for music and stereo listening?

I suppose i want the best of both worlds. Ill have the avi for a strict stereo replay. But i also still want option to attach some massive k100s to my hegel if i feel like it. Depends on space and room as not going back to Sa anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts