Rock: yet to be perfect

FahadAhmed

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

My massive collection of hard rock CDs were not being done justice to the last time I asked for advice here. I was using Marantz CD 5004 and Yamaha AV amp to power my Mission M34i. I seperated my stereo from AV by adding a Marantz PM 7004 which has been pretty decent. But something tells me its yet to be perfect. My hifi dealer is giving me an offer where he will take my M 34s and will give me a big discount on any of the following 3.

Tannoy DC 6T (he doesnt have the special edition one)

Paradigm Monitor 11

Dali Zensor 7

All of them cost the same. It's a big hassle to take my player and the amp to the store and audition. So I really want to skip that. Any advice? which one should i pick?

Make sure you compoare those offers before deciding.

Define "perfect". Once you've decided what is perfect or ideal then you'll know what to listen for...

FWIW there's no such thing as perfect hi-fi. An expensive compromise IMO. Hugely pleasant, though, if you find the synergy.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I know this will be a contentious recommendation and might not match the budget you seem to be indicating.

PI listen to lots of rock and metal. Bands from NIN to iron Maiden never sound aggressive !! enough with any of my previous systems. I know a lot of what I listen to is quite challenging for systems and I thought I was destined to never get what I wanted. My current system has given me what I was looking for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts