Ripping DVDS

A

Anonymous

Recently i bought a boxee box an think its a great addition to my current setup. The Only issue is ripping DVDs. currently i'm using dvdfab converting the files into an AVI files but this seems to take hours. Is there a better format to use or software which will speed up the proccess?

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
DVD43 & DVD Decrypted will still rip most discs (note DVD decrypted is no longer updated but still does a good job and both are free) you can then rip ISO's or just rip the movie into one VOB file. Rename the VOB file extension to .mpg (VOB's are only Mpeg2's) you should then be able to watch them. It takes about five minutes to rip a disc with the above software. Please note I do not condone pirating dvd's and this should only be used to back up you own purchased dvd's.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
You can simply use Nero StartSmart Essentials (the disk is provided free with Pioneer DVD Recorder FOR PC'S costing around £18-£20 and they work great too). Use two DVD Recorders and simply copy the DVD using the 'backup' choice. :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replys i will have a look into both options, although i've tried dvd decryptor already and it will not read most new DVD discs.

Don't worry i'm against the copying of CDs/DVDs myself, this is more about being too lazy to get off my butt and stick a disc into my dvd player. All discs ripped are from my collection and i have purchased them.

A

Anonymous

Used to use DVD Shrink with Nero which enabled easy re-authoring and elimnation of all that extra rubbish yoyu get, trailers, "bonus" features etc. Worked extremely well and fairly quick too. Freeware as well (not Nero though)

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
colin.1 said:
although i've tried dvd decryptor already and it will not read most new DVD discs.
That's what the DVD43 is for. It sits in the system tray and does the decryption.

There's another one which works like this, I think it was called ripit4me this takes care of the decryption and just uses DVD decrypt as the ripper.

gagagaga

May 27, 2009
Visit site
MakeMKV will rip DVDs straight into MKV files (handles multi episode TV discs too). The DVD version is free, the Bluray key is €50 or so. Great software - will rip as fast as your DVD drive will throw data at it.

Note that many PC DVD drives are speed-limited for video (google riplock) ... for LG drives you can normally use tools to remove the limitation (so full DVD movies in 10 mins instead of 30).

gagagaga

May 27, 2009
Visit site
MakeMKV will rip DVDs straight into MKV files (handles multi episode TV discs too). The DVD version is free, the Bluray key is €50 or so. Great software - will rip as fast as your DVD drive will throw data at it.

Note that many PC DVD drives are speed-limited for video (google riplock) ... for LG drives you can normally use tools to remove the limitation (so full DVD movies in 10 mins instead of 30).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts