RIP Jeff Beck

Never really followed Jeff Beck, but he played guitar on my favourite Roger Waters album, Amused To Death, which was one of my favourite aspects of the album - not sure how much of Beck‘s playing Waters removed or had re-recorded on the 2015 remaster, but the remaster just doesn’t have that “edge” the original had. Odd how you can like one version of an album and dislike another version…

robdmarsh

Yes another one lost. I don't really know much about him but I think he must have been pretty special as he is very highly respected by rock and jazz fans alike. Still playing until very recently too.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Sad news indeed. He was just on tour with Johnny Depp touring the album they made together last year which was called 18. If you don't know the album had them doing lots of covers together form artists such as Smokey Robinson, John Lennon and Lou Reed. They even did a cover of a a industrial metal song on that album which was the song Death and resurrection show by Killing Joke (I did not expect Jeff Beck to be doing a cover of an industrial metal song) which is from Killing Joke's 2003 self tilled album.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts