Richer Sounds experience

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been looking to upgrade my hi-fi for a while now, and after browsing various online stores I settled on the system of Marantz PM6003 amplifier + Marantz CD6003 CD player + Tannoy Mercury V1 speakers from Richer Sounds. I called the number on the RS website, but they said that this system was not available via mail order (fair enough, as this was down to Marantz not RS) and I would need to contact my local branch (in this case Exeter). This I did, but they told me that they did not have any Marantz CD6003 CD players in stock, nor were there any in the warehouse, and they couldn't tell me when they would be getting any more in. I asked whether they or someone else from RS could perhaps call Marantz and ask when they would be next sending some more of these CD players. I was informed that this was impossible, and that I should just call back in a couple of weeks to see if they had any more in stock then.
I have to admit I wasn't very impressed by all this, but perhaps I am being unreasonable and expecting too much? Does anyone have any advice, or has had a similar experience with RS? I'm sure I could find somewhere else to purchase these components, but I would prefer to buy them from somewhere local to me in case I have any problems and need to return anything.

tyranniux42

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Ive got to be honest and say that my experience with RS has never been anything but extremely positive. Im sure that the reasons given were honest but if you still feel bad about the experience im sure a call to customer service will rectify. I know a guy on here not long back got a very positive response from someone at RS. hopefully someone will be able to help you!

Hang in there, RS stands for a lot in such a money driven economy.

Hope you get sorted!

Kind regards

Dan

A

Anonymous

RS are pretty good, I had a look at this option myself recently and found that Sevenoaks were offering a similar deal, the same Marantz units though with Monitor Audio BX2s.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for all of your advice. I will give Richer Sounds one more try this week
and see if I get a more helpful response, but otherwise I will try
Sevenoaks, which is the other Marantz dealer in Exeter.

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I was sorry to read of the problems you've had with our Exeter store.

Unfortunately we have been out of stock of the Marantz CD6003 and are currently waiting for further stock to arrive. The latest information from Marantz is that stock is due into our warehouse this week.

Indeed, I would have expected the sales assistant you spoke with to have been more helpful on this occasion by trying to find this information out, and I offer my apologies that this wasn't the case. However, please be assured I will be raising this matter with the manager of our Exeter store!

If you are still in the market for this system then please e-mail me with your contact details and I will contact you as soon as we receive our next delivery. My e-mail address is john.p.clayton@richersounds.com.

Meanwhile, sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks,

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

A

Anonymous

John, thank you very much for your reponse. I will try the store later this week and will be in touch if I need any further help with this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts