RF remote for boxes in another room

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone use an infrared remote control for use with their set up in another room from their screen. I'm thinking of moving everything to my garage with just my screen and speakers left in the lounge. Is this do-able?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
These will do what you need in theory - I use them to transmit IR signals to a cabinet behind the sofa (with these as I was unable to place the transmitter in a place where it could send signals to all my devices) and it works okay for this - not perfect, but certainly usable and great for the price (about £30 - £40 from Amazon including the IR eyes). However, have not tried it in different rooms.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
professorhat said:
These will do what you need in theory - I use them to transmit IR signals to a cabinet behind the sofa (with these as I was unable to place the transmitter in a place where it could send signals to all my devices) and it works okay for this - not perfect, but certainly usable and great for the price (about £30 - £40 from Amazon including the IR eyes). However, have not tried it in different rooms.

Thanks Prof.

scene

I'd go with what the prof's suggested - I use something similar. If you can drill a small hole throught the wall, you can thread the IR cable extender from the lounge into the garage if they're next to each other. I use an IR extender sitting on top of my centre speaker - which is in my Salamander AV cabinet and it repeats to all my other devices perfectly.

I assume you've got an RF / Bluetooth keyboard/mouse for your Zino? I've also got a MS/Toshiba Media controller (from my wife's old laptop) that I might well configure to work with my Zino as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts