Review on Movie Soundtrack, perhaps?

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi.. It is just my opinion.

We may need an independence team like WHF to review movie sountracks too..

Although we already purchased good home theater devices, also the cables, however not all movies are well recorded during production. It may depends on the system they use and also the expertise they have in sound engineering.

Therefore, poor sound reproduction in certain movie playback may not all caused by our own setup, but may be caused by poorly recorded material.

For instance, Dark Knight Rises, is poorly recorded to me, it has too much distortion and unpleasant sound effects.

Great soundtrack is like Oblivion, How to Train Your Dragon.

There are many movie reviews in the internet, but none of them review the soundtrack

D

Deleted member 2457

radovantz said:
Hi.. It is just my opinion.

We may need an independence team like WHF to review movie sountracks too..

Although we already purchased good home theater devices, also the cables, however not all movies are well recorded during production. It may depends on the system they use and also the expertise they have in sound engineering.

Therefore, poor sound reproduction in certain movie playback may not all caused by our own setup, but may be caused by poorly recorded material.

For instance, Dark Knight Rises, is poorly recorded to me, it has too much distortion and unpleasant sound effects.

There are many movie reviews in the internet, but none of them review the soundtrack

WHF do review movies towards the back of the mag. They are often new releases.

D

Deleted member 2457

These review the soundtrack:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Blu-ray/21212/#Review

D

Deleted member 2457

Perhaps something is wrong with your sound system because The Dark Knight Rises is reference quality.

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gel,

Maybe I need to purchase WHF mags to find out. :)

I don't know why I don't really like the Dark Knight Rises sound in my setup, while most of other movies sound much better. There must be high rating from users because of lots of explotions, and while the Batman's Aircraft flying above police team, sounds really amazing. But the producer need to work out on poor vocal sound.

D

Deleted member 2457

radovantz said:
Hi Gel,

Maybe I need to purchase WHF mags to find out. :)

There's a plan Batman!
smiley-wink.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
radovantz said:
But the producer need to work out on poor vocal sound.

That's a criticism of pretty much all three Batman films (and I'm pretty certain WHF have mentioned it on more than one occasion in their reviews but then you wouldn't know that) but it doesn't imply they were working with poor equipment as you seem to suggest in your first post. That's the way the director wanted it presumably.

radovantz said:

Hi radovantz

Yes, Oblivion and HTTYD have great soundtrack
smiley-smile.gif

Btw, other movies to also consider on Blu Ray are Gangster Squad and Immortals. Please keep the volume in check with Immortals it has a brutal (in a nice sense
smiley-smile.gif
) soundtrack from the go :twisted:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

D

Deleted member 2457

themovierooms said:
I would have to agree with that. The dialogue was awful on The Dark Knight Rises, worse than usual. Terrible film as well IMO.

Best of the trilogy I thought.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts