Returning member with Triangle, Amphion, Cyrus, Audiolab, and more...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

newworld

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
ATC SCM40 Mk2. Beautiful in every way. I'd have a pair of SCM11 in a flash if I could justify the expense, there are some things that you know are just right. Properly engineered, and no BS marketing. Lots of interviews etc with them, inside the factory etc. all online.
I'm actually considering picking up a pair of SCM11's in between my travels. I actually prefer the previous design with the protruding baffle. Looks indestructible!

Reactions: rainsoothe

robdmarsh

I beg you not to aggravate my long-dormant upgraditis. It's under control. :D
:LOL: Ok, I hear you. There's some idiot selling these on eBay with stands included for quite a good price. I say idiot because I would never sell these speakers. They've been there for absolutely ages, I think people don't really know about Triangle, or maybe only the Borea range.

newworld

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
:LOL: Ok, I hear you. There's some idiot selling these on eBay with stands included for quite a good price. I say idiot because I would never sell these speakers. They've been there for absolutely ages, I think people don't really know about Triangle, or maybe only the Borea range.
I don't think people really get Triangle. The BR03's are seriously revealing speakers that every change upstream has been made eerily apparent. And they do take a long time to break in. Right now it's gotten to the point that I kind of wish for a bit more bite and slam.

ATC SCM40 Mk2. Beautiful in every way. I'd have a pair of SCM11 in a flash if I could justify the expense, there are some things that you know are just right. Properly engineered, and no BS marketing. Lots of interviews etc with them, inside the factory etc. all online.
still craving a pair of SCM50 actives but in my current house I don't have the room for them....
Back in the 70's I had a big old Victorian terrace house in Plymouth which would have suited them nicely but they weren't around then, had to make do with a pair of Heybrook HB3's..... :)
Now they were a speaker and a half....

Reactions: SteveR750
I don't think people really get Triangle. The BR03's are seriously revealing speakers that every change upstream has been made eerily apparent. And they do take a long time to break in. Right now it's gotten to the point that I kind of wish for a bit more bite and slam.
From what I've read on forums Triangle tend to divide opinion. No idea if there's any validity to their divisiveness or not.

Could be worse, though. You could be a Monitor Audio fanboy 😁

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
From what I've read on forums Triangle tend to divide opinion. No idea if there's any validity to their divisiveness or not.

Could be worse, though. You could be a Monitor Audio fanboy 😁
My objection with the Triagle speakers, both Borea and Espirit line, is that they try to make everything sound smooth and delicate. As a proud listener of cheap (but tweaked) Klipsch speakers for over two years, I can't stand that.

newworld

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Amphion Argon 3S it is then! :D
My objection with the Triagle speakers, both Borea and Espirit line, is that they try to make everything sound smooth and delicate. As a proud listener of cheap (but tweaked) Klipsch speakers for over two years, I can't stand that.
This is somewhat true. There IS a tendency to round things off contrary to what people usually say about Triangle. I'm trying to get back some of that biting qualities I had with the Proac's. If I can't, no biggie. The BR03's are about 10 times cheaper.

newworld

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Have you auditioned Q Acoustics speakers, something like the 3030i? They share the qualities you admire in the Cyrus DAC.
I wish I had, but I do have an experience with the 3020's and 3050's (both previous iterations). The 3020's just didn't sound natural enough. I will probably get around to the 3030i's sometime in the future. For now, I've got Acoustic Energy 109mk2 on my audition list.

robdmarsh

The Esprit Titus speakers definitely don't "round things off", in fact the tweeter does the opposite. If a speaker rounded things off, it was my previous speakers the Elac debut b5 (first version), which were very laid back sounding. Great speakers apart from that. The other description about Triangles being delicate is more apt as so much can be picked up in the mix with these speakers and yes, when someone said above every tweak in a system is revealed in the speaker, this is definitely true.

Reactions: Al ears

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
The Esprit Titus speakers definitely don't "round things off", in fact the tweeter does the opposite. If a speaker rounded things off, it was my previous speakers the Elac debut b5 (first version), which were very laid back sounding. Great speakers apart from that. The other description about Triangles being delicate is more apt as so much can be picked up in the mix with these speakers and yes, when someone said above every tweak in a system is revealed in the speaker, this is definitely true.
The tweeter on the Espirit Titus is simply out of this world. The woofer though, I just couldn't get used to it, even after auditioning again after 8 months. Low notes need to have an edge for me.

This is true, whatever tweaks you may make to source or front end will subsequently be revealed by your speakers so you better have them right in the first place.

Agreed from all things I've read about Triangles. I can't stand warm speakers like older Spendors, nor can I deal bright, cloying brands.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts