replacing my arcam a70 with a22?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
seen a arcam a22 on internet and was wondering if it would be worth replacing my arcam a70 with it? its£300. or getting arcam power amp to add to it ? help please

I would say yes - when it was made mid 90's, I think - it was, I believe it was the top of the range integrated. Today's equivelent is the A38, but would probably hanker after upgrading the CDP. However good the CD73T is (I'm always singing its praises) the A22 would benefit from a more substantial player....and so the upgrade merry-go-round warms up again.
emotion-5.gif

In saying that, personally, I would go the power amp route - and you'll be saving youself 100 plus quid.

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I used to own an Arcam A22.
I found it a nice looking and solid amp but depending on what music you listen too, at what volumes levels and with what speakers its too be paired with, it may not suit.

I used it with PMC IB1's for a few months and found it lacking in bass and power/loudness ability. Its built in protection circiut kept cutting in. The IB1 is a 4ohm speaker.
My source is an Arcam cd33.
I then added a Krell FPB200 power amp and fliped an internal switch in the A22 to dissable its power amp and stop its protection circuit kicking in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts