Replacing a subwoofer

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Is the Cambridge Audio X200 subwoofer suitable for a medium size room for both film and music? It would be replacing a B&W AS1 and it cannot be too big (whatever that is). Of course if you have any other suggestions fire them over...

Thanks in advance

Franklioni

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for that...seriously looking at the BK XLS200-DF now. Even with the £37 shipping costs to Sweden it's still about £25 cheaper than I could buy the Cambridge for over here, even though the Cambridge is a better size...not that it now matters.

Muchos Gracias!

Franklioni

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
Well I actually borrowed a Cambridge Audio X200 from a local store for the afternoon and just testing with music I didn't notice any more faster punch or umph compared to my B&W AS1 which, according to a couple of people I've spoken to, is apparently the worst subwoofer in the world and possibly designed by Hitler himself.

I'm only testing on a normal level as I dont want to try and rearrange my furniture by bass alone so I'm kind of stuck. Is there any mainstream subwoofer you can compare the xls200 to so I can see if I can arrange a loan to get an idea. I'm tinkering with the system to try and get a warmer sound and sharmer, faster bassline to music but I could just be going the wrong path.

Cheers,

Franklioni

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Franklioni said:
Well I actually borrowed a Cambridge Audio X200 from a local store for the afternoon and just testing with music I didn't notice any more faster punch or umph compared to my B&W AS1 which, according to a couple of people I've spoken to, is apparently the worst subwoofer in the world and possibly designed by Hitler himself.

I'm only testing on a normal level as I dont want to try and rearrange my furniture by bass alone so I'm kind of stuck. Is there any mainstream subwoofer you can compare the xls200 to so I can see if I can arrange a loan to get an idea. I'm tinkering with the system to try and get a warmer sound and sharmer, faster bassline to music but I could just be going the wrong path.

Cheers,

Franklioni

Doesn't supprise me, as Cambridge Audio aren't really known for their subs.

IMO. The subs that they are most like, are those from MJ Acoustics (maybe the Ref 200) or the older Rels.

It's nearly impossible for anyone to second guess what will work for you - see if BK will let you try one, with the option of sending back (though I think that would be unlikely).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts