Replacement for the Marantz PM4001

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I posted a question on these forums about a £150.00 amp. I was told the best amp to get was the Marantz PM4001 but my local hi-fi dealers say that they don't have it in stock and won't have for about 4 to 5 weeks. I was wondering if it was worth spending the extra £30.00 and getting the Marantz PM4001 Special Edition amp instead?

A

Anonymous

I really wouldn't bother with the PM4001,if your after a cheap but effective amp,and just need a single source,such as a CD player,get the Trends audio TA.10.1.It's about £90,and sounds great for the money.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Or there's a review of the brand-new Cambridge Audio Azur 340A SE (list price £180) in our new issue, out by Thursday.

Don't buy a budget amp until you read it....

A

Anonymous

The 4001OSE is an excellent amp, I love the regular version but I like the OSE version even better. If you can get it for a mere 30 pounds extra, I certainly would go for it. It's list price is roughly 270 quid, but as it's being replaced by the 6002 you could land yourself one hell of a deal.

Listen to it, if you like it's sound don't hesitate to buy it. It's an excellent amp.

TRENDING THREADS