Replacement for my dead HomePod

Chalky

Jan 27, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I really enjoyed my Apple HomePod, but because I live in the country the broadband signal is not always up to scratch and eventually the thing died altogether, and with it my confidence in wireless speaker solutions.. that said when it did work the thing was well nigh perfect for my needs .. it filled the room with all the frequencies and gave everything a bit of life, even at low volumes.

My ageing KEF 101 bookshelf speakers that have tried to 'sit in' are somewhat short of expectation .. hey I bought them in 1979 and i always knew that these speakers need to be driven hard to get the best out of them. It simply doesn't compare with what I had with the HomePod.

So.... I want something that replaces that HomePod, and reaches the parts that my old KEFs don't (bless them) .. I have an old Cyrus 7 amp which pumps out a decent quality signal, and I just need something I can really on that doesn't need internet and improves on the KEFs at low volumes like HomePod did.

I THINK Homepod's secret is probably down to Dr Dre's clever use of delays and bass boost techniques and that's fine by me, i'm not a purist and I don't have a room made for expensive HiFi kit. I really like the idea of the Naim MuSo concept .. as a single unit of sound, BUT I don't like wireless (my internet is so poor, plus it's not future proof) ... so my question is this ..

... does anyone know of a similar single unit concept to HomePod / Naim MuSo qb or 2 units YET ISN'T WIRELESS and can improve upon the low volume level quality across the EQ bands ? ... so grateful (in advance) for any advice and direction :)

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I really enjoyed my Apple HomePod, but because I live in the country the broadband signal is not always up to scratch and eventually the thing died altogether, and with it my confidence in wireless speaker solutions.. that said when it did work the thing was well nigh perfect for my needs .. it filled the room with all the frequencies and gave everything a bit of life, even at low volumes.

My ageing KEF 101 bookshelf speakers that have tried to 'sit in' are somewhat short of expectation .. hey I bought them in 1979 and i always knew that these speakers need to be driven hard to get the best out of them. It simply doesn't compare with what I had with the HomePod.

So.... I want something that replaces that HomePod, and reaches the parts that my old KEFs don't (bless them) .. I have an old Cyrus 7 amp which pumps out a decent quality signal, and I just need something I can really on that doesn't need internet and improves on the KEFs at low volumes like HomePod did.

I THINK Homepod's secret is probably down to Dr Dre's clever use of delays and bass boost techniques and that's fine by me, i'm not a purist and I don't have a room made for expensive HiFi kit. I really like the idea of the Naim MuSo concept .. as a single unit of sound, BUT I don't like wireless (my internet is so poor, plus it's not future proof) ... so my question is this ..

... does anyone know of a similar single unit concept to HomePod / Naim MuSo qb or 2 units YET ISN'T WIRELESS and can improve upon the low volume level quality across the EQ bands ? ... so grateful (in advance) for any advice and direction :)
When you say ‘isn’t wireless’, where is your music coming from. Is it streamed from Apple Music (presumably as you enjoyed the HomePod)?
If so, a smart speaker that connects to your internet using an Ethernet cable is still going to rely on your internet connection to get music out of the speakers. So any smart speaker, whether wired or not, may have issues if your internet is as bad as you say.

or have I misunderstood - what music source are you actually using?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts