Replacement Fig 8 mains cable for Sky HD 1TB?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I replaced my mains cable with a Merlin Tarantula SE having read the What Hifi review. Unfortunately it's had to be unplugged a few times and now I find that the connection has become quite loose.

It doesn't appear to be affecting it in any way at the moment. But if moved for dusting I suspect the plug will drop out [:mad:]

Can anyone recommend a different make without this issue?

I'm toying with just getting a Wireworld mains and putting a Fig 8 adapter on it. Any views?

A

Anonymous

Have a look at Mark Grant Cables . He has amazing products , not only mains but hdmi , optical , ...
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi,

All of the merlin cables come with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing faults and this would cover the connections. If you return the cable we will replace the plug for you and refund the postage. It is unusual for these plugs to work loose but it does sometimes happen. We are currently working on an alternative. In the mean time the options are we can replace the connector with a new one or it can be changed for the furutech F8 connector which offers a tighter fit. Drop me a line @ paul@merlincables.com and I will sort it out for you.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

All of the merlin cables come with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing faults and this would cover the connections. If you return the cable we will replace the plug for you and refund the postage. It is unusual for these plugs to work loose but it does sometimes happen. We are currently working on an alternative. In the mean time the options are we can replace the connector with a new one or it can be changed for the furutech F8 connector which offers a tighter fit. Drop me a line @ paul@merlincables.com and I will sort it out for you.

A

Anonymous

regarding the matter of other brands, unfortunately the choice of F8 connectors is limited and most other brands will use the same connector. The Furutech connector is the only one on the market at the minute that offers an improvement in quality of connector.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
One of the biggest gains I have seen with a mains cable is on a Sky 1tb box.

I use a CA Copper Line cable with Furutec Fig 8 to great effect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts