Replace my pc speakers for real audio solution

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Hi thartog and welcome.

It's always difficult to advice what is right for you, in your specific situation. What is good for you is not always the same as the forumwriters will advice you to do (if they stay on topic *wink*)

BTW, is your budget in euro's?

Wireless can be great (Sonos, Kef X300a, Geneva model M, Noonday, B&W ) but they all need power so it is not entirely wireless.

You mentioned that wired is also an option. With wired stuff you have more to choose and you can do two things: put a lot of effort in it to make the cables disappear or exaggerate with fancy cables so they are a visual part of the system and your livingspace.

If you choose for wired there are great amp's and speakers for the budget. Like a NAD D3020 with some B&W or DALI speakers. I've read some interesting reviews over Highland audio ORAN. Nice floorstanders with great sound.

But go and have a listen for yourself.

In the end, if you have 80 euro's left on the budget, you can buy a gramofon-set to make your speakers connect with wifi so you can sit in your loungeset with a glass of wine in one hand and your phone in you other hand so you can choose your music from there.....

rainsoothe

Hi. I would personally stay away from the Mu-so given your situation. I think it's mostly meant as a kitchen/small room lifestyle sollution with whatever good sound can be produced from such a small box rather then soundstage and the whole shabang. I would echo dave's suggestion with the Yamaha HS8 or Adam A7X (or A77X) studio monitors with propper stands, and some wireless dac, with the volume controlled from a mobile device masquerading as a remote.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts