Repaired amp sounds better than before?

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I recently had my Kandy L111 amp repaired for a volume pot problem although the nature of the fault was not actually confirmed, now the strange thing is the amp seems to sound better than before the fault manifested itself. I have a few theories regarding this:
Roksan secretly upgraded the amp to K2 spec (somewhat improbable),re-seating/tightening all connections has improved things (possible)the out of tolerence component was affecting performance in some other way (?) or I`m just imagining it (highly likely). Any other thoughts?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
The exact same thing happened with my dads Musical Fidelity amp. Admittedly he also had it upgraded but it was SUCH a leap were both pretty sure it was never quite right from the start

A

Anonymous

basshound:I recently had my Kandy L111 amp repaired for a volume pot problem although the nature of the fault was not actually confirmed, now the strange thing is the amp seems to sound better than before the fault manifested itself. I have a few theories regarding this:
Roksan secretly upgraded the amp to K2 spec (somewhat improbable),re-seating/tightening all connections has improved things (possible)the out of tolerence component was affecting performance in some other way (?) or I`m just imagining it (highly likely). Any other thoughts?

A faulty volume pot could very well have been the source of degraded sound! So having it replaced would bring improvements.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts