A used amp better than Marantz PM6010OSE KI, please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've decided that the weak link in my set-up is the Marantz 6010OSE KI. It's paired with the CD6000OSE KI, using an LAT IC300 interconnect, at least as good as the Chord Signature.

If I put my Grado headphones into the CD player the sound is awesome! Putting the headphones into the amp, I'm disappointed with the quality - not bright or forward enough - just not as good as on the player.

I had been told by a hifi salesman that the amp was the weak link, but the question is, what would imrove the system sound without losing too much of the Marantz sound. I can't afford the new prices of, say, the Roksan K2, and I don't want the shape of the Cyrus series. Is the Roksan Kandy L111 suitable to my terms?

So I'm looking for a used quality amp up to about £250 at eBay prices (what might be c£800 new)!. Does anybody have any recommendations, please?

John Duncan

Are you only using it as a headphone amp? If so, the average headphone out on an integrated amp is scheiáe, and you'd be better off getting a dedicated headphone amp. Pro-ject, Creek, Graham Slee and others are available at reasonable prices - I had my eye on a Creek OBH-11 on the 'bay for under £100, which ought to kick your Marantz's headphone socket's butt.

A

Anonymous

steve4:
I've decided that the weak link in my set-up is the Marantz 6010OSE KI. It's paired with the CD6000OSE KI, using an LAT IC300 interconnect, at least as good as the Chord Signature.

If I put my Grado headphones into the CD player the sound is awesome! Putting the headphones into the amp, I'm disappointed with the quality - not bright or forward enough - just not as good as on the player.

I had been told by a hifi salesman that the amp was the weak link, but the question is, what would imrove the system sound without losing too much of the Marantz sound. I can't afford the new prices of, say, the Roksan K2, and I don't want the shape of the Cyrus series. Is the Roksan Kandy L111 suitable to my terms?

So I'm looking for a used quality amp up to about £250 at eBay prices (what might be c£800 new)!. Does anybody have any recommendations, please?

I used to have the same set-up as yours....this amp is a wimp, really (how it ever got it's KI status beats me!!!)......and YES, it is the weak link. I had them with MA BR2 speakers and QED XT Anniversary speaker cables and Chord interconnects.....

I replaced the amp with a Rotel RA-02 and it was MUCH BETTER - night and day difference. I subsequently upgraded the amp to a Roksan Kandy MK3, but felt that the Rotel was better suited in this combo.

These go quite cheap on E-Bay and come with a remote. The better RA-04 can be had for under £200.00 but has no remote.

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks JD. No, I'm using LAT cables and B&W speakers, but I've always felt that the speakers don't quite deliver. So I don't want to improve the amp headphone socket, unless it's on a better amp! Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts