Remote stopped working.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Just after setting up a brand new tv & really happy with it my remote on my Arcam Av amp decides to give up. Typical, just my luck.
sad_smile.png
I called Arcam & its £75.00 for a replace. Not sure am really to spend that much on a remote just after spending 2k on tv set. I know logitech does a universal remote but not sure which to go for. Please any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

jjbomber

Native_bon said:
I called Arcam & its £75.00 for a replace.

While Naim are £95 but Oppo are £14.40. Yet another reason why so many of us are switching to Oppo.

Incidently, to check a remote control, look at the blinking light through a camera or smartphone. Whilst you can't see it blink with the naked eye, you can through a lens. I just know loads of you are going to try that now.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

jjbomber said:
Native_bon said:

While Naim are £95 but Oppo are £14.40. Yet another reason why so many of us are switching to Oppo.

Incidently, to check a remote control, look at the blinking light through a camera or smartphone. Whilst you can't see it blink with the naked eye, you can through a lens. I just know loads of you are going to try that now.

like it, your last sentence had me amused. You can’t see it easily through the black plastic cap of many remotes. Just about make it out though.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Native_bon said:

It really is a Rip-off. I have done the camera test thing & it is surely dead. Got my oppo 5yrs now no problems. I wish Oppo did amps as well. To be honest kind of killing my enthusiasm for Arcam. Just need to find out wish Logitech remote to get, & from what i have learnt very easy to program.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
jjbomber said:
Native_bon said:

like it, your last sentence had me amused. You can’t see it easily through the black plastic cap of many remotes. Just about make it out though.
I could see the infrared light clearly on all my other working remotes. its really good test.

D

Deleted member 2457

Are you sure it doesn’t just need some new batteries?
confused_smile.png

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon said:
Gel, Checked batteries & all else. The backlights on the bottons still working fine.
Are all the buttons stop working too?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I had a look for you on eBay and online for that model of remote in your instructions book, but none available of the ‘cr450’ remote. The l114 looks like the remote model in the avr550 which is a current model. There is one on eBay at £60, so if it’s going to work with yours, you could haggle and try and get it for 40-45.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
I had a look for you on eBay and online for that model of remote in your instructions book, but none available of the ‘cr450’ remote. The l114 looks like the remote model in the avr550 which is a current model. There is one on eBay at £60, so if it’s going to work with yours, you could haggle and try and get it for 40-45.
Thanks Quest. Not used eBay a very long time. But will have a look.

D

Deleted member 160668

Worst case your a couple of quid down...

Had some advice few years back when my arcam remote on old system broke (may have been from here - can’t remember).

I was advised that Arcam mainly runs using Philips infra red codes. Bought myself a non-branded programmable remote for a quid or two off eBay.

Worked a treat for me...

Worth a go and worst case costs next to nothing.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I changed a cyrus remote control from the old silver one to the new chick looking black one by buying one on eBay half price (£25 v £50), only to then do two upgrades and get two additional new remotes. If I keep current stuff, I’ll be in ‘remote controls’ until 2040 I reckon. It is sickening what they charge though.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys thanks for suggestions. Got myself a Harmony 700 and it works like a dream. Just select your product from their website & sycn through USB on your computer. That's it done with all commands in place. Does not get easy than this. Just for £19.00 *i-m_so_happy*

insider9

Native_bon said:
Hey guys thanks for suggestions. Got myself a Harmony 700 and it works like a dream. Just select your product from their website & sycn through USB on your computer. That's it done with all commands in place. Does not get easy than this. Just for £19.00 *i-m_so_happy*

£19 for Harmony 700? Wow, great price

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
insider9 said:
Native_bon said:
Hey guys thanks for suggestions. Got myself a Harmony 700 and it works like a dream. Just select your product from their website & sycn through USB on your computer. That's it done with all commands in place. Does not get easy than this. Just for £19.00 *i-m_so_happy* 

£19 for Harmony 700? Wow, great price
Yes could not believe it. And it's got a little screen that shows you the functions. Once you pick up the remote the screen comes on automatically. Really nice. You can program up to 8items.
Think going to program this now to do it all. Can tell am really chuffed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts