Question Remote Control

suburbansky

Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
I've got a Denon amp (PMA-1600) paired with a Marantz CD player (6006); both have a virtually identical remote control, as they're from the same company, really. Is there a way to use one remote for both devices?

The remote for my Marantz CD player (in my signature) must have a different design, as it has a CD and and Amp button. I think if I had the matching amp, I could use one remote for both.

It might be worth asking the manufacturers helpline if a different remote might achieve what you want. (I have the opposite problem as my Marantz remote operates some functions of my Linn streamer!)

Last edited:
Reactions: suburbansky

DCarmi

The remote for my Marantz CD player (in my signature) must have a different design, as it has a CD and and Amp button. I think had I the matching amp, I could one remote for both.
With 2 Marantz components you connect them together using a cable from the Amp Remote Out port to the CD Remote In port and switch the CD player remote switch from Internal to External.
See: https://manuals.marantz.com/cd6007/eu/en/YRWWSYnuhqcgza.php

Whether this works with a non-heterogeneous system, is another matter. It does work with my Marantz amp and cd player, so I use only one control. Had I a Marantz network player, I could chain that in as well.

Basically, the amp IR tells the CD what to do when the remote button is pressed.

The PMA-1600 does have such a port, at the back.

Reactions: WayneKerr
With 2 Marantz components you connect them together using a cable from the Amp Remote Out port to the CD Remote In port and switch the CD player remote switch from Internal to External.
See: https://manuals.marantz.com/cd6007/eu/en/YRWWSYnuhqcgza.php

Whether this works with a non-heterogeneous system, is another matter. It does work with my Marantz amp and cd player, so I use only one control. Had I a Marantz network player, I could chain that in as well.

Basically, the amp IR tells the CD what to do when the remote button is pressed.

The PMA-1600 does have such a port, at the back.
That might work. I've only ever done that with gear from the same manufacturer - but worth a try.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts