Remote code for a Densen CD player

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="303"]Does anybody know the remote control code for a Densen B420?[/quote]

I have that problem before as I didn't want to pay £150 for the Gizmo....good luck with it (I couldn't find anything that will work with Densen but I didn't look very hard either!)

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew
I'm looking for the four digit code for a Yamaha RAV229. This is one of their universal AV remotes. I had thought that the four digit code was an international code for all remotes, or is there no standard for remote codes?
Of course the main reason I like the code is to avoid buying the Gizmo from Densen just to change tracks . . .

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not sure there is any universality in this area, and I'm drawing a blank on that model number. Which Yamaha product was this remote supplied with? No promises, but I'll do some hunting...

I had an inkling Densens used Sony drives, but it looks like these players use some control software written by Densen to control the drive. You could try the remote commands for some common drive manufacturers, using codes for Sony, say, or Philips, and see whether this gets you anywhere, but it's a bit of a long-shot.

Got a feeling the Gizmo and these components use a slightly different control protocol - using a burst of infrared rather than just a single pulse - which means they won't work with normal learning/programmable infrared remotes. But something like a Harmony may be able to handle them - I'll fire up the Logitech software on the PC at home when I have some time one evening this week and see whether the player's on the list.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
I think that the RAV229 was suppled with the Yamaha RX-Z9 Receiver, Not sure if the RAV229 is Pronto based but I can't find a CCF for any Densen products on Remote Central.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts