• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Question Reliability

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Al ears

Now just one small item.

So the M/F M3si is what I have, but its missing something.

Can anyone recommend a headphone Amp with volume control as the M3si has no socket for my Sennheiser HD565 Ovation's, late at night I must use these or be terrorised by my family.
Do you have a budget in mind?
Second hand I would recommend the Creek OBH21, see eBay or new the Schitt Magni Mk3, classic quality.....

Reactions: DELBOY14

DELBOY14

May 6, 2017
Do you have a budget in mind?
Second hand I would recommend the Creek OBH21, see eBay or new the Schitt Magni Mk3, classic quality.....
LOOKING A schitt is a waste of time, there is no stock as the factory is closed, but I did note that Lehmann have a good product in the Rhinelander at £335, unfortunately that's now discontinued when i tried to buy one, dam had good reviews to. Anyway I tried to purchases from a online shop as it was suppose to be instock, then got a call saying they could do the new Drachenfels at a very good discount to compensate.
I looked this up and its again very well rated so going with that, even has add in cards for a DAC via S/PDIF or Toslink or a USB card for the PC or laptop.

Al ears

LOOKING A schitt is a waste of time, there is no stock as the factory is closed, but I did note that Lehmann have a good product in the Rhinelander at £335, unfortunately that's now discontinued when i tried to buy one, dam had good reviews to. Anyway I tried to purchases from a online shop as it was suppose to be instock, then got a call saying they could do the new Drachenfels at a very good discount to compensate.
I looked this up and its again very well rated so going with that, even has add in cards for a DAC via S/PDIF or Toslink or a USB card for the PC or laptop.
Lehmann usually a safe bet but not cheap.
This Rhinelander says available now but I don't know if that's B.S., although dealer is a good one.

daytona600

Oct 5, 2012
Sennheiser at shows demo with Lehmann headphone amps MF make a full range as well & graham slee & project have quality ranges
M3 excellent amp maybe not the most impressive in a quick dealer dem but like most MF gear you can listen for decades

DELBOY14

May 6, 2017
Sennheiser at shows demo with Lehmann headphone amps MF make a full range as well & graham slee & project have quality ranges
M3 excellent amp maybe not the most impressive in a quick dealer dem but like most MF gear you can listen for decades
Is a three hour demo a quick dealer demo ? impressed me enough over a 8300A and a Elex-R. Plus it was just over my budget. Still everyone to there own.
Ended up with a Lehmann Drachenfels, very impressed with my Sennheiser 565 ovations, will have to listen to the new 660s and wait for funds to build up after the M3si, Drachenfels and chord Shawline RCAs.

Reactions: Al ears

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts