Rel TZero with LS50 speakers?

Ajgarnham

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I just want to get people's opinions on pairing a rel TZero sub with my Kef LS50 speakers?

at the mo I've got the Arcam A19, my source is an Apple Tv2 via an rLink.

i listen to mainly rock and metal (lamb of god, as I lay dying, alter bridge to name a few)

love my set up at the mo and just looking at ways of refining it :)

ive only just got the amp and speakers so changing them is not an option, nor would I want to :)

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Hmmm, and most people spending 800 quid (or whatever it is) on a pair of speakers would probably think that £250 probably wasn't enough to spend on a sub.

I have the equivalent of a 250 pound speaker with 1000 pound speakers. Partly an issue of space and budget, but I think it works surprisingly well.

Really the sub I have is designed to, optimally, be run with one for each channel and deisgned to accompany similarly priced speakers, so in terms of price ratio and the fact that it isn't handling anywhere near the same range of frequencies as the speakers, I don't think it is necessarily a bad idea. Then again, I haven't auditioned more expensive subs, so I don't know what I might be missing out on.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Fair enough. I'm sure that's partly the reason I feel the need to have pricier cables, stands and other hifi accessories.

Ajgarnham

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Hmmm, and most people spending 800 quid (or whatever it is) on a pair of speakers would probably think that £250 probably wasn't enough to spend on a sub.

This may be true if I had paid anything near £800 for them ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts