Region A Blu-rays

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Now I'm getting a region free Blu-Ray player, I was wondering are there any good Blu-rays out there that are not region b, please? Any recommendations? :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

I've ordered Guns N Roses Blu-Ray and just ordered Metallica Blu-Ray from their site - live in Mexico. I ordered Watchmen too from Amazon.com but I think it's region free anyway and is the same but I wanted it anyway! :doh: Anyway thanks. :)

T

theflyingwasp

Ah region 1 Blu rays gel how many a night I have wondered if I should have got the oppo 103 multi region version.

to be honest when it comes to actual films there is not much that isn't available on region A & B ,if you are into tv boxsets you will find a lot more tv shows are available on Blu ray on region A than B.

i joined dvdworld.usa to get Jurassic park 3D months before it came out in the u.k but most titles are £25 -£30 and if you order from amazon u.s you will have to pay import charges.

its great to have new releases early but I realised I'd just end up waiting every week for new releases from the u.s like I am now.

im glad u mentioned the watchmen tho the region A release is not available in region B it's the ultimate watchmen.

today from amazon I received Grudge Match,Out of the Furnace ,Dallas Buyers Club,Veep season 2,Ray Donovan season 1,True Blood season 6

And in the blood I could have got them ages ago on region 1. Not sure what the script is with music Blu rays tho.

rednaxela

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Seeing as you like your music Blu's, try "Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Runnin Down a Dream" or "The Complete Monterey Pop Festival". Both are only available on region A blu-rays.

D

Deleted member 2457

theflyingwasp said:
Ah region 1 Blu rays gel how many a night I have wondered if I should have got the oppo 103 multi region version.

to be honest when it comes to actual films there is not much that isn't available on region A & B ,if you are into tv boxsets you will find a lot more tv shows are available on Blu ray on region A than B.

i joined dvdworld.usa to get Jurassic park 3D months before it came out in the u.k but most titles are £25 -£30 and if you order from amazon u.s you will have to pay import charges.

its great to have new releases early but I realised I'd just end up waiting every week for new releases from the u.s like I am now.

im glad u mentioned the watchmen tho the region A release is not available in region B it's the ultimate watchmen.

today from amazon I received Grudge Match,Out of the Furnace ,Dallas Buyers Club,Veep season 2,Ray Donovan season 1,True Blood season 6

And in the blood I could have got them ages ago on region 1. Not sure what the script is with music Blu rays tho.

:cheers: They do seem quite expensive these days, yep. I was thinking about the Oppo one too. :)

gel said:
I've ordered Guns N Roses Blu-Ray and just ordered Metallica Blu-Ray from their site - live in Mexico.

That's region free as well:

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=9854

I really think you're wasting your money with the Pioneer 450, if it's for region A discs alone. There are very few discs which are region A only.

T

theflyingwasp

Yes ,thanks for the links .i have been teasing it for a while but like I said I'd only be waiting week to week for u.s releases compared to waiting week to week just now for u.k releases .it would cost me more plus I was never a fan of the u.s DVD and Blu ray cases they are very cheaply made and half the width.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
I've ordered Guns N Roses Blu-Ray and just ordered Metallica Blu-Ray from their site - live in Mexico.

That's region free as well:

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=9854

I really think you're wasting your money with the Pioneer 450, if it's for region A discs alone. There are very few discs which are region A only.

Cheers BB. I will cancel tomorrow. :cheers:

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Action jackson.
smiley-smile.gif

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I quite fancy this film bb, i used to watch it on vhs on a crt, so if i wanted it on blu-ray region free would i have to purchase it from blu-ray.com ???

D

Deleted member 2457

Check out this, £60 for multi-region Blu-Ray on Panasonic players:

http://www.tps.uk.com/?tab_name=Panasonic&tab_id=52&choice_name=Panasonic&choice_id=135&product_group_id=197&product_name=MultiRegion_Firmware_Disc&product_id=1578&choice_type=1

D

Deleted member 2457

David@FrankHarvey said:
David Fincher's The Game on Criterion - cracking 'near field' 5.1 audio mix.

:cheers: This one:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Game-Criterion-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B008CJ0JTI

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts