Regarding Turntable spirit levels

CS85

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've just built my own isolation platform for my Rega RP3 and I'm trying to get the TT as level as possible. I have one of the circular spirit levels sitting on my RP3 and I just want to check - My bubble is sitting within the centre circle but not precisely in the middle. I assume this is completely acceptable and won't cause any playback issues?

Kind Regards,

Chris

CS85 said:
Hi guys,

I've just built my own isolation platform for my Rega RP3 and I'm trying to get the TT as level as possible. I have one of the circular spirit levels sitting on my RP3 and I just want to check - My bubble is sitting within the centre circle but not precisely in the middle. I assume this is completely acceptable and won't cause any playback issues?

Kind Regards,

Chris

Sounds OK, where have you placed it on deck?

CS85

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Al,

I've just placed it neatly inside one of the spaces in the bracing next to the tonearm , so probably not the most accurat spot anyway.

Chris

CS85

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Cheers Al,

I'll pick up a cheap level and check the platter. Could you also tell me if there's a way to upload images as a file here? I can only see the url method when I click to add an image.

Regads,

Chris

CS85 said:
Cheers Al,

I'll pick up a cheap level and check the platter. Could you also tell me if there's a way to upload images as a file here? I can only see the url method when I click to add an image.

Regads,

Chris

There is but I have never done it. Believe you have to upload to something like Flikr and then copy the URL. There are instructions on this forum somewhere if you Google it as the search facility has gone.

Check the platter is level by moving your spirit level around on it should suffice. I know it's a non-suspended deck but the Platt is what needs to be level irrespective of the plinth.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
If you use a "bar" type of level, you can confirm levels by turning the device 180 degrees, and it should read the same both times, i.e if you achieve a central bubble, it should also be central the other way round.

If you have a small, light, circular level, you can check and compare the headhell levels and azimuth against the platter.

GeoffreyW said:
If you use a "bar" type of level, you can confirm levels by turning the device 180 degrees, and it should read the same both times, i.e if you achieve a central bubble, it should also be central the other way round.

If you have a small, light, circular level, you can check and compare the headhell levels and azimuth against the platter.

Sort of. The latter will not make any difference on a Rega turntable as there is no adjustment anyway.

D

Deleted member 108165

CS85 said:
Cheers Al,

Regads,

Chris

Personally, I set my level in the centre of the platter using two (ali) 45 adaptors as a raised support. I have two types of levels: bar type and round type... Strangely, they never ever agree regarding level *biggrin*

DougK said:
CS85 said:
Cheers Al,

Regads,

Chris

Personally, I set my level in the centre of the platter using two (ali) 45 adaptors as a raised support. I have two types of levels: bar type and round type... Strangely, they never ever agree regarding level *biggrin*

:) The swines! Personally I think those weighted pucks with built-in levels are a good idea, just place over the spindle. The puck helps with some LPs.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I use the Roksan round spirit level setting up my Gyrodec.

Platter completely level along with the armboard - happy days

I often check mine to make sure everything ok - always trying to get the perfect Gyro bounce......those in the know will know :)

stevebrock said:
I use the Roksan round spirit level setting up my Gyrodec.

Platter completely level along with the armboard - happy days

I often check mine to make sure everything ok - always trying to get the perfect Gyro bounce......those in the know will know :)

It doesn't matter if your turntable is suspended or not. Just level the platter. Simples.

D

Deleted member 108165

Al ears said:
DougK said:
CS85 said:
Cheers Al,

Regads,

Chris

:) The swines! Personally I think those weighted pucks with built-in levels are a good idea, just place over the spindle. The puck helps with some LPs.

Yeah, I was looking at those, Al, brilliant idea. Clearaudio have one but I'm not gonna pay 250€ for it *shok*

DougK said:
Al ears said:
DougK said:
CS85 said:
Cheers Al,

Regads,

Chris

Yeah, I was looking at those, Al, brilliant idea. Clearaudio have one but I'm not gonna pay 250€ for it *shok*

Is it solid silver??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts