Rega RP6 Upgrade

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, just decided to upgrade my 5 year old RP6 which I bought from Audio Republic in Leeds 5 years ago. Unfortunately I did not have a great experience with the Audio Republic and did not want to use them again.
Thankfully though we have another Rega dealer in Leeds called DNA Audio. I went their today and had a demo of the Planar 8 with the Ania/Ania Pro MC cartridge and the Rega Fono MC/Rega Aria. I ended up purchasing the Planar 8 with the Ania Pro MC cartridge and the Rega Aria phono stage. Alistair and Darren from DNA Audio were absolutely fantastic today and gave excellent customer service. Can't wait for the new kit to be installed. Will give an update once the new kit is in. Any questions, please feel free to ask. Cheers :)

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi Al ears, yes I did. The other possible option was the Technics SL-1200G, but it was way out of my price range at 3.5k.
Just to add that I did not expect there would be a massive difference in sound/performance between the Ania and the Ania Pro. However to my ears, there definitely is.
The same goes with the Rega Fono and the Rega Aria phono stage. To my ears, the Rega Aria sounds a lot better than the Rega Fono, I guess it comes down to one's preference in sound quality and also budget.

Hi Al ears, yes I did. The other possible option was the Technics SL-1200G, but it was way out of my price range at 3.5k.
Just to add that I did not expect there would be a massive difference in sound/performance between the Ania and the Ania Pro. However to my ears, there definitely is.
The same goes with the Rega Fono and the Rega Aria phono stage. To my ears, the Rega Aria sounds a lot better than the Rega Fono, I guess it comes down to one's preference in sound quality and also budget.
For the Fono / Aria price difference I would certainly expect to hear an improvement.... :)
Did they take P6 as trade-in?

sound10

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone had my new Planar 8/Rega phono stage installed last Monday by Darren from DNA Audio in Leeds and all I can say is wow! I never knew vinyl could sound so good. Very happy now with my new turntable which complements the rest of my system perfectly 😀

Reactions: sonic1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts