Rega Planar 1 Plus speed issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lakelandstu70

Feb 24, 2022
Visit site
We still don't seem to have established whether or not it is his power supply that is causing the issue.... How was the idea of faulty power supply determined
From a manufacturing point of view most likely to be a batch than an individual case these days... shocked that Rega have that though. makes me think they have subcontracted something out (as all manufacturers do).. but that is normally picked up quickly, and a recall happens.

VES

Sep 15, 2023
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I recently purchased a brand new Rega Planar 1 plus turntable and realised that it was running awfully slow- i timed it at 32 instead of 33 1/2 rpm so returned it and just received a replacement unit- only to realise that it also has the same.
Before I return it and ask for my hard-earned cash back and look for another brand I wanted to ask if there’s anybody out there running into the same issues. I find it hard to believe that a brand such as Rega would not have thorough quality control processes and ship out faulty units. I have tried plugging it into different outlets but it is still running slow… what could the issue be?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
I read somewhere that the Planar 1 struggles sometimes with records heavier than 180gr. it might be even more noticeable if coinciding with another of the problems everyone else suggested.
if that is the case, the units are not faulty. just not powerful enough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts