Planar 1 or Planar 1 Plus

davidevans346

Sep 4, 2023
Visit site
I am looking to purchase a Rega Planar 1 and have seen a deal for the P1 with Preamp for £315 or the Planar 1 Plus for £385 and was wondering if an external preamp would be better than the built in one on the Planar 1 Plus I am limited for budget and space. The preamp is a Behringer P440

I am looking to purchase a Rega Planar 1 and have seen a deal for the P1 with Preamp for £315 or the Planar 1 Plus for £385 and was wondering if an external preamp would be better than the built in one on the Planar 1 Plus I am limited for budget and space. The preamp is a Behringer P440
Welcome! Don’t overlook the bargain green Regas. No, they aren’t actually green colour, but they’ll save you a ton. Literally.

More here…an example from a dealer.

Reactions: Al ears
Thank you
Sorry about abrupt reply, l was busy.
To explain my choice perhaps I should add that if you need to consider reducing box count then the 1 Plus has an inbuilt phono preamp that is at least the equal or possibly better than the £20 Behringer.
Neither are brilliant but if you went the Behringer route you would also need to budget for two extra phono cables.

Reactions: WayneKerr
Rega Planar 1 Plus ECO DECK
using parts with cosmetic faults Rega have decided to use such parts to build Green Grade Rega products. These products will function and perform perfectly

Greenwashing at its best
This used to be called B stock or Factory seconds
Whatever, at this price and with a decent warranty, it makes sense whatever you want to call it.

Oxfordian

Rega Planar 1 Plus ECO DECK
using parts with cosmetic faults Rega have decided to use such parts to build Green Grade Rega products. These products will function and perform perfectly

Greenwashing at its best
This used to be called B stock or Factory seconds
I don't care what a company calls it's factory damaged stock, there are some great bargains to be had, I picked up a Ruark R4 just after it was launched at 50% off, there is the smallest of fine scratches on one side panel, if you didn't know you'd never find it, it sounds superb as my kitchen/family room radio and looks good.

OP - If you can access these 'green' goods go for it, you are very unlikely to get a dog.

TRENDING THREADS