Rega P3 rb330 mounting query

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Question for P3 owners, does your RB330 arm mount flush to the plinth, or is there daylight between the base of the tonarm mount and the aluminium bracing on the the plinth?

When I got the P3 and looked closely it looked like the arm base was slightly at an angle to the plinth, so I levelled it off (got equal space between each of the 3 mounting points). Just seems odd that there's daylight, on the RP3 with RB303 the arm mount fitted flush to the plinth.

cannibal_ox77

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies, mine is indeed set up like the one in the photo linked so I can stop worrying about that. There are some washers in the space, they do appear to be soft for decoupling.

Out of the box my arm looked like it wasn't level with the plinth which is what drew my attention to it, and I tested it by slipping a credit card under the points. The card slipped in comfortably on two points but not the third, so I raised that one up a little to make it level all the way around. There was hardly anything in it, but enough to look wrong even without measuring the gap! Can't say I noticed any change in the sound after the adjustment anyway.

cannibal_ox77 said:
Thanks for your replies, mine is indeed set up like the one in the photo linked so I can stop worrying about that. There are some washers in the space, they do appear to be soft for decoupling.

Out of the box my arm looked like it wasn't level with the plinth which is what drew my attention to it, and I tested it by slipping a credit card under the points. The card slipped in comfortably on two points but not the third, so I raised that one up a little to make it level all the way around. There was hardly anything in it, but enough to look wrong even without measuring the gap! Can't say I noticed any change in the sound after the adjustment anyway.

Probably not enough to effect sound as you say, if concerned you can get a very small bubble-level that you can put on headshell to determine if that is accurate at that end of the tonearm.

TRENDING THREADS