Rega Elicit-R

Deep

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Recently got a problem with my Rega Elicit-R (second-hand).

Left heatsink is becoming very hot after a few hours of listening, so much so that the amp gets in security mode (not turning off, mind). The right side is warm, not hot. I checked speaker cables (Oelbach Crystal Wire B40), but saw no problem. I'm using the amp with Klipsch RF82 II speakers, and Marantz NA11S1 player.

This amp is a real piece of joy. I do not intend to see it decaying, and look for an answer to get it work correctly. My speakers are new. So are the cables. I'm listening at about ten o'clock volume, never pushing beyond midway. I'm also fond of electronic music, maybe demanding a lot at lower frequencies, and also getting speakers impedance rather low (heard that Klipsch impedance curve could be erratic).

Any idea on this ?

Deep

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for answering,

No longer under warranty. As stated, it is second-hand. Bought it from a french particular seller.

I'm looking for explanation before thinking of repairing. Maybe someone has experienced the same situation with their Rega amp. Beautiful brand. Love it.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
You are in the UK? There may still be a warranty as I understand Rega Guarantee period is notionally lifetime against manufacturing defect, so it maybe worth contacting Rega and see what they suggest. Do you have a Rega dealer near you?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
If your on the uk take it to your local Rega dealer - they will get it sent odd to Rega

They will more then likely have a look for'you and repair FOC

My Elicit R gets very hot on the left hand side a lot cooler on the right - this is Normal

Mine has never cut out though - but it does mention this feature in the manual

let us know how you get on

Deep

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks again BigH,

I live in France, near Paris. The amp was bought by the previous owner about 3 years ago, in the South of France (Toulouse).

Except from "sounds and colours/GT audio", I do not know any official Rega retailer in France.

Deep

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
stevebrock said:
My Elicit R gets very hot on the left hand side a lot cooler on the right - this is Normal

Mine has never cut out though - but it does mention this feature in the manual

let us know how you get on

Hi Steve,

A few questions.

Why is it normal that left heatsink gets hot, but not on the right side ? If you deem it normal, what's "very hot" for you ? I mean, I can't let my hand on it for more than a few seconds. Burning hot for me.

You state Rega lifetime warranty. In France as well ? Even for second-hand device ?

Beautiful sound, beautiful amp by the way.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I can keep my hand on if - so yours sounds suspect

the reason that left hand side is hotter is due to the layout of components

get it to a Rega dealer and asap

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts