Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

jase1975

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
Hi all
I am in search on a new stereo amplifer . That must have ht bypass as it will be added to a av system.
I only stream using the a 6
No cd player or turn table to be added
Dali oberon 5 floor speakers . But they will be upgraded in the near future. More than likely will be dali upgrade.
Choise of music is heavey metal
I am thinking about the rega mk5. Or the audiolab 9000a
But open to suggestions

Thanks j

Hi all
I am in search on a new stereo amplifer . That must have ht bypass as it will be added to a av system.
Dali oberon 5 floor speakers . But they will be upgraded in the near future. More than likely will be dali upgrade.
But open to suggestions

Thanks j
Can you audition anything?
Do either of those you suggest have home theatre bipass?

manicm

This is not correct! Read pls. review of Audiolab 9000a in review section of whathifi. Both Rega Elicit mk5 and Naim Nait xs3 wiped floor with Audiolab 9000a.

The 9000a got a solid 4 stars in WHF, so I'd hardly call that 'wiping the floor', but I would call your statement hyperbole. It has received favourable reviews elsewhere.

WHF's criticism of the 9000a is that they thought it lacked dynamism *slightly*, and I take that as purely subjective.

The XS3 is 500 pounds more expensive than the other two, and does not include digital inputs.

Back to the Rega - what is apparent is that most/all of their amplifiers are not designed for 4ohm loads.

Reactions: Al ears

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi all
But open to suggestions

Thanks j
Hi Jase,

I see you have pre selected Dali Rubicon 6 speakers, which afe really good. They have full bass and can play really loud, so they need commanding powerful amp. And here in this department is a problem with Audiolab in general. This not their DNA to sound like this. There is a a very honest review in whathifi: https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/audiolab-9000a. Conclusion here coresponds with my experience with 3 year old Audiolab 8300a. This amp missed "sparkle", for me it was cold and boring. Than I
So are you saying i should not be looking at the audiolab . And maybe looking ata niam.
Hi Jase, Audiolab is a good company. This amp 9000a has very good digital section with many inputs, can process MQA coding, using also aptX Bluetooth if you want connect some external tablets etc. But analogue part (Amplifier) in Rega Elicit mk5 is better, more capable. It has power, dynamic and verve in spades. Is has more musicality and very, very good phono MM section inside. It has also dac with good sound but less inputs, no bluetooth. Than alternative is also Roksan Caspian M2, very very good amp or Naim XS3(has the best phono mm inside from those amps). Both Naim and Roksan are more expensive. I have used also Audia Flight 3s. This is also very good amp, just a bit warmer sounding, not analytical. But it can also play very well with demanding zpeakers e.g. Wharfedal Elysian speakers. As a middle way I recommend Roksan Caspian M2 (longterm champion) or Rega Elicit mk5. And you also need very good source components to use such good amp/speaker combo the best way. But step by step.😊

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
The 9000a got a solid 4 stars in WHF, so I'd hardly call that 'wiping the floor', but I would call your statement hyperbole. It has received favourable reviews elsewhere.

WHF's criticism of the 9000a is that they thought it lacked dynamism *slightly*, and I take that as purely subjective.

The XS3 is 500 pounds more expensive than the other two, and does not include digital inputs.

Back to the Rega - what is apparent is that most/all of their amplifiers are not designed for 4ohm loads.
Audiolab 9000a review here on whathifi is correct. And what hifi was long critical also to Rega years ago. Look for review of Elicit mk3 with 3 stars only. Since this time they turned all stones inside. Elicit-R and new Elicit mk5 are far better. No need to overbend it anyhow. I know also Naim xs3 amp and this is sounwice in different league than Audiolab. Even without digitals inside. Audiolab has improved, yes but they are not on level of Naim, Rega, Roksan, Exposure. They can compete more with Rotel, Atoll, Primare which like to integrate a lot of digital inside. But this is my opinion based mainly on my ears.
Regarding 4ohm capability, it is confusing what you wrote here. My Rega Brio mk6 drive my big Cabasse Iroise 500 4 Ohm speaker without a hint of sweat. You must hear it to believe it. My room is 35 m². And no overheating, getting warmer yes. Rega Elicit is just bigger animal, more cappable. It can drive Dynaudio Contour speakers...Dynaudio loves amp like Rega, Roksan, Electrocompanient...😉.

daytona600

HT bypass / ARC via AV system

Use a chunky power amp for heavy metal or upgrade your AV system with a multi channel amp
250w and will power any Speakers in the future Stereo /Biamp / Tramp
250wpc 5/7/11 channel versions for AV 11 channels of 250watts should be more than enough

11m.jpg

Last edited:

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi all
But open to suggestions

Thanks j
Hi Jase, one more hint for you. The best for you will be to visit some hifi dealer nearby and listen on your own. Or take the amp home for a lone. And try by yourself. May be someone nearby you has such amp at home, where you can stop amd listen. This is normal in my coutry, comunity.

Hi Jase, one more hint for you. The best for you will be to visit some hifi dealer nearby and listen on your own. Or take the amp home for a lone. And try by yourself. May be someone nearby you has such amp at home, where you can stop amd listen. This is normal in my coutry, comunity.
He has already stated he cannot audition so I doubt anyone of his friends actually owns one.

Jasonovich

From One Jason to another Jason :)
All of the abovementioned suggestions are credit worthy, the final decision rests with you but if you want to look beyond the parapet, also consider the excellent Atoll SE IN100.
It was the review below that swayed me, to go for the Atoll, no regrets works brilliantly with the Dali Oberon 3s

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts