Rega Elex-R problem: sound bleeding into other inputs ???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
That you might switch to music while leaving the tv on is fair enough, do it myself. You could just mute the tv though to save yourself all the trouble of finding a new amp that may or may not have the same issue.

geek_boy_in

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
ChrisIRL said:
I'm just surprised to read that people leave several sources playing at the same time. Why do this?

If you have TV sound coming through one line and say a DSD or CD from another line then there is a very real possibility that you might want to listen to music while TV scenes goes on with sub titles. What is the point of spending thousands of dollars on a speaker / amp system if it is just a one trick pony ?

The broader issue/concern which was at play here was whether one line input can influence the fidenlity of another input source and to prove that it does not by either design or a scientific impossibility.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
geek_boy_in said:
ChrisIRL said:
I'm just surprised to read that people leave several sources playing at the same time. Why do this?

The broader issue/concern which was at play here was whether one line input can influence the fidenlity of another input source and to prove that it does not by either design or a scientific impossibility.

I'd imagine with amps that only have one audio output option it's not even on the manufacturers radar that multiple sources would be playing at the same time. Some amps that have two sets of outputs, A and B like marantz do probably do take it into consideration.

ChrisIRL said:

One can do this while recording one source and playing another or while sending one source output to another room while listening to a different source in the current room. To answer your next possible question, yes, there is someone in another room and yes, some people still do record a bit

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts