Rega ear Headphone amp connection problem

Woodchippie

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have connected the headphone amp to the tape output on my amp Cambridge 540, I also have Rega Dac plugged in to Aux input.

I still get sound from speakers, how to I avoid this? Where am I going wrong?

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there is anything wrong with your connection. What you need to do is to mute your amplifier. You may try switching off the amp and see if you still get the music from the headphone. Some amp. design may allow signal to pass through even when the amp is off. I have the same situation as yours in my Tucana II. Signal can only pass from, say the Aux to the TAPE OUT when the amp. is switched on. I suspect there is a relay to direct which input signal is to be connected to the Tape out.

Alternatively you can insert a Y splitter to your DAC output and then connect one output to the power amp and one to the headphone amp. Hope the above can help.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Or connect the DAC to the headphone amp and the pass through from the headphone amp to the AUX input of the amplifier. You wont need to turn your main amp on then for headphone listening.

Or turn the volume down.

Or connect your main speakers to the Speaker B terminals, you can then switch them off when listening to head-fi on the front panel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts