Rega DAC vs Musical Fidelity M1 DAC vs Audiolab M-DAC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I did a home demo of the Audiolab and Rega DAC's, the Audiolab was definately the more lively of the two. Having said that, the sound became too fatiguing for my ears. By comparison, the Rega's analogue sound brought more bass to the party with good detail levels but in a less clinical fashion. The other factor that swayed me to the Rega was the tank like build quality, the coax RCA socket came out on the Audiolab M-DAC whist I was using it!
I now use the Rega with my PC & J. River 18, linked with a Musical Fidelity V-Link 192 by USB. Hi-res FLAC files of 176.4KHz & 192KHz sound great through the Rega.

A

Anonymous

jerry klinger said:
The Arcam rDAC, in its natural form, is very good but limited in terms of bass and soundstage. With a £35 Maplins switch-mode multi-adapter power supply, however, it's absolutely excellent. I fear there are a lot of people 'upgrading' from rDACs who haven't tried this. 8/10

Haven't tried the MF.

Thats very interesting to read, as im looking to change my DAC. Can you point out which product it is you speak of? Ive looked on maplin, is this it - http://www.maplin.co.uk/12vdc-5a-power-supply-with-2.1mm-tip-513519

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, I will try it out! What major difference would say was evident?

Re rWAVE, It has nothing to do with Airplay so will work with a windows PC absolutley fine i think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts