Rega Brio Volume Problem.

Bob Mac

May 14, 2021
Visit site
I have a Rega Brio which I bought new around a year ago.
I loved the overall sound of the amp but was always aware of a barely percieved, but dtill discernible difference in volume between right and left channels.
I had put this down to the less than ideal layout of the room where I have my setup. however The other day I had turned the volume control completely off and put my ear to both speakers in turn. From the right channel a barely audible hum, but from the left channel I could faintly hear the music I was playing.
I had read somewhere that sometimes various amps do not have exact parity between right and left channels until the volume knob is above 9 0'clock. and this does seem to be the case with my Brio, however through neccesity I have to listen most of the time at lowish volume below the 9 0'clock.
Any other Brio owners have the same issue ? And if so did they get it fixed ?

Gray

Yes, first thing to do is check to see whether you're still in guarantee..
With the volume control right down you should expect neither hum (barely audible or not) nor any music breakthrough - quite apart from any unnaceptable channel imbalance further round the dial.
If any others do report similar issues, it's not going to help you, yours needs sorting out, hopefully at no cost to you.

Reactions: Al ears

Bob Mac

May 14, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.
Rega have a lifetime warranty it turns out. Phoned the dealer today and he agrees it shouldnt be doing that , so I've to drop the amp off with them and they will ship it back to Rega for repair.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts