Rega Brio-r Owners....And Mr P!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

dan323

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread but....

What interconnects are you using on your Brio R systems?

I have listened to Chord Chorus and Prodac pro and loved them but wonder if they are overkill on this system.

A

Anonymous

SteveD said:
Hi, might be worth staying off work for as long as possible and enjoying the music on the 6003 which you know and love. That way you'll also have time to really appreciate the difference the new Apollo makes and can consider this in isolation from the inevitable change in sound from a new amp.

Just a thought

Forget that!

Having heard it today (along with Audiolab8200A and Naim Nait5i (both of which were being sold for at least £300 more) I would get the Brio-R if not too late (I'll probably pay £450 for a new one) although more testing to be done before deciding.

I need lower listening levels too most of the time and I personally thought it sounded better than the others at low and higher levels, listened to through Rega RS3s (didn't compare against the Marantz though so can't help with that consideration). In my limited experience with a good 45 mins or so playing a range of music through it today at different volumes I thought it was excellent.

Sources were Audiolab 8200CD, Rega DAC, Rega Apollo-R.

Did you take it in the end?

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Nah, it was taken out of my hands in the end.The amp belonged to a friends' friend who lives around 70-miles away which was why I could't check it out personally. He was having to sell it very quickly due to a personal financial matter, but he gave me a call lunchtime on Friday to say this had now been resolved and he no longer wished to sell. He genuinely apologised, but I knew he didn't want to sell in the first place but for his circumstances so that put an end to that. I'm not too disappointed, though. I have a brand new pair of RS1 speakers for £299, a brand new Apollo arriving tomorrow for £349, so I guess the good deals had to run out some time!

Thanks for the feedback but nah, it was taken out of my hands in the end.

The amp belonged to a friends' friend who lives around 70-miles away which was why I could't check it out personally. He was having to sell it very quickly due to a personal financial matter, but he gave me a call lunchtime on Friday to say this had now been resolved and he no longer wished to sell. He genuinely apologised, but I knew he didn't want to sell in the first place but for his circumstances so that put an end to that. I'm not too disappointed, though. I have a brand new pair of RS1 speakers for £299, a brand new Apollo arriving tomorrow for £349, so I guess the good deals had to run out some time!

Zax89swe

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
For me the brio r sounds very harsh from time to time but sometimes very neutral, I dont have money to buy a good dac :) Still when I play Hans zimmer - Mombasa in flac it only starting to get slightly harsh when volume is at 90degrees but I can actually turn brio r volume to 180degrees and pump my dali zensor tweeters with under the circumstances acceptable neutrality and when im walking close to the speakers the tweeters screams like hell :) the rega brio might harshing the treble a bit but it seriously refuse to fall into distortion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts