Rega Brio-r or Marantz pm7004 or Pioneer A50 ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

recently got back to hifi and bought a pair of AE Neo 3 V2 with marantz cd6004 and an old teac a-h500.

(chord silver cables and cobra IC)

I am not satisfied with the stereo image, I guess the small Teac needs a full recap, etc. It also blown the fuse twice already and one side sounds sometimes a bit loder, more lively.

so I want to buy a new amp around £450, do not want to take the risk with the Teac...

I do not have the chance to have listen my selection.

I read so many good reviews for the Brio-R and do like the pm7004 look and features, but here my first priority is dynamics and good stereo image and detail.

I will have a demo with brio-r with MA speakers, so thats gonna give me some indication for the sound hopefully.

thanks alot,

Regards,

Ric

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If you're after neutral and precise, the Pioneer A50 is a cracking amp. Very clean and clear, and will drive even KEF LS50's very well.

The Rega is softer and warmer in its approach. It doesn't quite have the drive of the Pioneer, but those that like to relax and enjoy the music love it.

The Marantz sort of sits somewhere between. If you preferred the Rega sound more than the Pioneer, the Marantz will have the features of the Pioneer, so would make a good compromise.

A

Anonymous

hi,

so you say that the a50 has more dynamics and rythm?

I quiet like that but the also needs to be warm prefreably :) do not want tiring sound,

can the class D amp musical?

my speakers not so huge and I think easy to drive too...

thanks

:rockout:

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The AE Neos are fairly easy to drive, so I doubt you'll have any problems with either amplifier.

Whether you feel that 'high efficiency' amplification (the Pioneer is actually a "Direct Energy" design) is musical or warm really is down to your ears, and only getting a demo will tell you this. The Pioneers have quite a energetic presentation, which those that like warm and soft may not get on with long term.

By the sounds of it, I'd stick to the Rega to be safe, and maybe try out the new Arcam A19.

Hi Ric

Rega's Brio-R is a simple, no frills, solid design which i would say has enough quality and (unless you're after constant disco like listening levels) quantity of power to partnered with your Acoustic Energy speakers.

Btw, i find the Brio-R's with its detailed, weighty yet fast, grippy, fluid, rich and full bodied sound can be listened to for hours without fatigue
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

ahh thanks for the respons both of you!

looking forward to have a demo on Saturday (might I wil take my speakers so will not surprise me home :)..)

Regards,

ric

A

Anonymous

hi all,

ended up buying a 2 months old Roksan K2. I think still needs to burn in, but it is very good so far :)

Ric

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts