Rega Brio R or Creek Evo 2

A

Anonymous

Lo-Fi

You're asking hollow questions
smiley-undecided.gif

Both are VERY good amps; both give a superb sound but what souunds good to ME or anyone else may not sound good to YOU

We can all give our opinions but at the end of the day it's YOU that has to make the choice

Go out and demo; if you hear what you like then great; if not then carry on until you do!

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, have now heard both, just cant make my mind up, hoping for inspiration or something to help with decision

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, why not share your experiences with the forum (it might help others considering the same amps in the future). In telling us about your auditions, if you let the forum know what you liked and did not like, and what you are looking for in an amp, you might get some helpful advice (you might also get a whole lot of advice telling you to get class A or tube amps, rather than the necessarily "flawed" budget amps you are considering>) )

ID. said:
Well, why not share your experiences with the forum (it might help others considering the same amps in the future). In telling us about your auditions, if you let the forum know what you liked and did not like, and what you are looking for in an amp, you might get some helpful advice (you might also get a whole lot of advice telling you to get class A or tube amps, rather than the necessarily "flawed" budget amps you are considering>) )

He might indeed get some unhelpful suggestions as you suggest. There are people here who only tend to muddy the water, putting in their sixpenniesthworth when it has nothing to do with the OPs original question. I would only suggest to them that if they consider the OPs choices to be 'flawed budget amps' then perhaps they are on the wrong forum!

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the sound of both and infact they do both sound about the same to me, so I suppose my best bet is to buy the Rega Brio R as it is approx. £200 cheaper. Will let you know when it is up and running in my home wth the Audiolab 8200CD and the for now MA RX1s

A

Anonymous

See for me; the Rega BrioR, Audiolab CDP and M/A RX1 set-up would be sublime. All brilliant seperates and will gel very well together indeed

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Have actually heard the Audiolab as well with different amp. Alreafy have the RX1s so know what they are like.

Pretty sure I will love it all when I have it set up.

Thank you to everyone for guidance.

Any problems I will let you know.

One thing is that the Audiolab does seem to have a lot of filters, so not sure how I will find that

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Settled on Rega Brio R, Audiolab 8200CD and of course the MA RX1s which I already have.

Wired it all up, ran it in for a while and am delighted with results.:)

Everything sounds just how I wanted, plenty of strong clear clean taut bass, treble just right not too bright and not dull either. Midrange detailed and clear. Lots of detail revealed that I had not heard before.

I must say for the size of the MA speakers they have a surprising bass response.

At 9 oclock on the volume control it is really loud so plenty of power available, if I turn it up above that it is deafening.

Using the Optimal Transient setting on the Audiolab sounds best to me.

One useful thing is that the volume control and mute buttons on the Audiolab remote control actually operate on the Rega.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts