Rega Brio-R and ATC SCM7 - a mismatch?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

sorry to hijack.

I also run 602 S3 and fancy a change to the SCM 7's. i have a Leema Pulse to power them.

Will this be a sideways move or an improvement? i cant afford to spend much more at the moment, i want more punch/attack and better midrange.

Would i miss the larger scale that the 602's size gives?

Matt

Zax89swe

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Brio r got some power, Its dynamic, rythmical, detailed and fluid. With full breath I can go decent with the volume before it stops with my zensor 7 90db/m but with distortion and lost dynamics and so on you can double the volume that would comes handy in very big rooms with the listening position far away. I think SCM7 wouldnt go powerful but at more "normal" volume it would be fine i guess, to vanish some harsh a good dac would probebly be required.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
matthaskell said:
Hi,

sorry to hijack.

I also run 602 S3 and fancy a change to the SCM 7's. i have a Leema Pulse to power them.

Will this be a sideways move or an improvement? i cant afford to spend much more at the moment, i want more punch/attack and better midrange.

Would i miss the larger scale that the 602's size gives?

Matt

The SCM7's will be a more faithful sounding speaker, but I think you would miss the 602's scale and huge bass. I think you'll find that change quite a culture shock, and you'll need time to adjust. Once you do though, you'll hear a much more balanced, even presentation that will dig deeper into what you're listening to. Do try them first before buying though, as they may be too far removed from what you're used to, unless it's the sort of change you're looking for.

A

Anonymous

In my opinion, yes, it's a mismatch. For the referred loudspeakers, you'll need a more powerful amplifier that is capable of higher current.

mykspence

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had the SCM11's for a week now and in answer to the OP, the Rega drives them very well and if you believe the running in thing it will only get better.

Thanks to Rick for the advice, demo and lack of BS.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts