Rega Brio and Rega Rx5 VS DALI OPTCON6 MK2 and Cambridge cxa81

Bk007

Oct 27, 2021
Visit site
Hi I am new to HIFI and music as such. I have auditioned both Rega RX5 with Rega Brio and Opticon 6 MK2 Dali with Cambridge cxa81. I need views on which is a better choice. I will be playing music from Spotify and will connect a turntable from Rega planner with the setup

Bk007

Oct 27, 2021
Visit site
Thank you. I do have an option to buy Rega planner + that comes with a phono built in. In terms of the speakers and AMP what is the suggestion. The brio doesn’t come with Bluetooth so I will need to put an extension Bluetooth module

Thank you. I do have an option to buy Rega planner + that comes with a phono built in. In terms of the speakers and AMP what is the suggestion. The brio doesn’t come with Bluetooth so I will need to put an extension Bluetooth module
They are each good components that offer different facilities, and the speakers likewise offer different characters.

You’ll have an opinion having heard them, and of course you also have to consider how they operate, their looks in your room, and so on. Neither pairing is absolutely better than the other, imo. Indeed, you might like the Rega amp to pair with your Rega turntable, and the Dali speakers for their more exciting presentation. Obviously, if Bluetooth is vital, then maybe the Cambridge as it’s well regarded. As Al says, it’ll need a phono preamp if you need a turntable.

(Reading between the lines, only the basic Planar ‘plus’ comes with a phono stage, so I would upgrade the turntable to a P2 or 3 and pair it with a Rega amp and some cheaper Dali Oberons - but that’s just my thoughts.)

Last edited:

SteveH72

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
Easy choice for me. Brio and RX5 all the way. It will make a highly musical and enjoyable system. Spotify is easy with a simple streaming device (Chromecast or Yamaha WXAD 10) or Bluetooth device.
But here’s the reality. That is the system I would choose. It’s your ears, your music, your room and your enjoyment. Not mine. You’ve heard both systems. Choose the one you prefer. Forget analytical listening. Go for the one that puts the biggest smile on your face.

Reactions: nopiano
Hi I am new to HIFI and music as such. I have auditioned both Rega RX5 with Rega Brio and Opticon 6 MK2 Dali with Cambridge cxa81. I need views on which is a better choice. I will be playing music from Spotify and will connect a turntable from Rega planner with the setup
Please don't take this the wrong way (if I've read your post correctly). If you've heard the both combos what are your ears telling you?

Generally (not always) Rega combo should out perform a mix and match set-up. They are designed to work well together. Don't get too hung up on reviews, regardless of their star ratings.

No doubt both combos are fab but it's what chimes best with your ears and room set-up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts