Rega Brio 3 problem

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
I've just acquired the Rega Brio 3, and it sounds fantastic. However, the casework seems to be put together rather carelessly, creating gaps between panels and bending them out of shape. Is this normal or did I just get unlucky?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Take it to the dealer and get it exchanged. Ask to see the exchange model before you take it home.

My rule number 1 is to always take the model you heard in the shop and not a 'sealed' one unseen/unheard. You know then that it looks and sounds good.

A

Anonymous

This may be the odd one out - Rega components are well built, from my experience.

A

Anonymous

I can't comment on the Brio, but I just bought a Rega Planet CD player, which might be as old as 8 years (though I don't know how old this particular one is), and it feels rock-solid and the case is smooth all around. Sounds like you might have caught an exceptionally poor example. I'm sure your dealer or Rega will sort it out for you...

Good Luck!

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
OK, the US distributor has confirmed that their units have the same problem, so it's "normal." I just cannot accept this.

ÿCould any other Brio 3 owners here please take a look at the bottom of the chassis, and tell me if theirs have an assembly problem as well?

A

Anonymous

Dont seem to want finding. found this within a few miles though.

Rega Research Ltd

119, Park St, Westcliff-On-Sea, Essex SS0 7PD
Tel: 01702 333071

Recording studio or something. Its the mill looking building on the rega site.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
From their website under 'contact'....

Rega Research Limited
6 Coopers Way
Temple Farm Industrial Estate
Southend on Sea
ESSEX
ENGLAND
SS2 5TE

and their e-mail....

service@rega.co.uk

and phone number.. +44 1702 603360

However they always stress that you should go via your dealer and do not encourage direct contact.

A

Anonymous

where did you find that chebby? Not the contact page, but the email and number? (i found the address, but thought it useless)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
friendly1_uk:where did you find that chebby? Not the contact page, but the email and number?

BT Enquiries online (click on 'business' rather than residential) then do a search for Rega and Southend. 5 seconds.

It is reasonable to assume that any emails are addressed to xxxxx@rega.co.uk because of their website name. It is also reasonable to assume they have departments called 'service' and 'sales'. On these assumptions I did google searches for "service@rega.co.uk" and "sales@rega.co.uk". (With quotes).

got this....

http://www.rega.co.uk/downloads/Ed%20Blayden.pdf

A

Anonymous

arrrr. I used yell.

I thought you had found it on there site. I can stop feeling lame now lol

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
batonwielder:I want to contact the Rega factory, but I can't find their email address on their website. Could I get some help from WHF please?

Whilst I can understand your disappointment and hope you'll get some help from Rega your contract is with the retailer/seller which should act to solve the issue on your behalf.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
drummerman:
batonwielder:I want to contact the Rega factory, but I can't find their email address on their website. Could I get some help from WHF please?

Whilst I can understand your disappointment and hope you'll get some help from Rega your contract is with the retailer/seller which should act to solve the issue on your behalf.

Well, the retailer has been very accommodating, offering to order a new unit, but the distributor's saying that their units have the same problem. I'm starting to think they might have received a whole batch of defective units.ÿ

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
If you are not happy with it (and obviously you are not) and the distributor acknowledges a problem, ask for your money back. Buy either elsewhere ie. perhaps they have older stock or wait until your dealer has resolved the issue with rega's distributor and have received new stock. I have not heard of this quality issue before, my local store is rega authorized dealer.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
The dealer has always been accommodating and already ordered a new unit for me.

Just sent the pictures to the distributor and they acknowledged the defect. I guess I was just unlucky after all.ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts