Rega Brio 2 or Arcam Diva A75+ amp. for classical music

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
 I want to replace my NAD C 320BEE (its lack clarity, too bass heavy) amplifier with Rega Brio or Arcam Diva 75+.

What is the  difference betwen Rega and Arcam?( I suppose both are warm sounding) I would prefer warm, fluid sound with no sibilance for classical music.My system consist of Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo 1 speakers, Akai CD-49 and Denon DCD 685 cd players.

Thank you for any opinion

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
If you demo an A75, make sure you try it bi-wired 4-to-4 and select both SP1 and SP2, which IME adds significantly to an Arcam amp's separation, clarity, bass response and overall musicality.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
I should've added that, IMHO, Arcam's kit is great for classical music if you prefer instruments to sound natural/realistic - although I'm sure many would argue that 'natural = boring'.

Good luck.
emotion-1.gif

matthewpiano

Tibor

I think the Brio might sound a little bright with your speakers, especially with larger-scale orchestral works where the little Rega can harden up.

Personally I think the Arcam would be the way to go, excellent though the Brio is. I agree wholeheartedly with 6th.replicant's advice about bi-wiring the Arcam. I had an A65+ at one time and it sounded far better set-up in this way.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for reply, I read it on ÿhifi forum, that Rega Brio ÿ2 (second generation, not ÿBrio 3) has a warm sound, almost tube like. Because I have no chance to demo this Rega, I go after forum members opinion.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Can i ask why you settled on those 2? Having owned an A75+ for a couple of years i would not recommend it for classical o any music that requires oomph. It lacks drive and guts rendering big orchestral works a little flat and lifeless sounding. It would be excellent for chamber music or acoustic but not anything that requires a dynamic sound. I do not know enough about the brio i am afraid. What about marantz if you are going second hand?

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for let me know your experience with Arcam 75+.

I looking for warm sounding amp. with no treble sibilance, I do not know which Marantz amp has this type of smooth sound.

Cheese

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi!

Sorry to open up a old thread.. and hope you're still around.

I'm currently thinking about bi wiring my Arcam A75+ to my Linns.

Should I use the terminals of SP1 for Mid and High,and SP2 for Low?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheese said:
Hi!

Sorry to open up a old thread.. and hope you're still around.

I'm currently thinking about bi wiring my Arcam A75+ to my Linns.

Should I use the terminals of SP1 for Mid and High,and SP2 for Low?

Many thanks in advance!

Having owned the A65+ for many happy years I've always preferred single wire. The only time IMO you should bi-wire is if you bi-amp a power amp, although I couldn't recommend.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts