Question Rega Aya

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
No I won't be carrying my speakers and stands to the store. I already know what they sound like and will be listening to the Regas on the end of the shop's Omnia, when I get round to booking a demo session.
But you won't know the influence of the room on the system you'll be listening to without hearing the QAs in there, even if they do use an Omnia.

Din5

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
Shouldn't need to take the stands, the shop will have something similar.
Best to take the QA speakers with you though ....
Sound, even from very familiar speakers, is difficult to remember, hence take your current ones with you.

I think my QAs know I'm looking for an upgrade, as they sound really good lately. I'm dreading the audition really. If I really like the sound of the Regas in the shop, but they sound odd in my living room, I'm going to be annoyed. The shop has an Omnia and can stream anything I listen to so I can listen out for stuff that's better, worse, or missing.
Sounds like you're projecting on yourself the fact you don't want to change, or are scared to change. Why would you be annoyed if they sounded different in your room? You know they likely will, as all venues sound different. For a meaningful demo, you need to hear the QAs and Omnia together in the dealer's demo room. At least then you can gauge in some form or another the effect thendealer's room is having on the system based on your own room, so you can apply theat difference to what you hear.

Shouldn't need to take the stands, the shop will have something similar.
Best to take the QA speakers with you though ....
Sound, even from very familiar speakers, is difficult to remember, hence take your current ones with you.
I disagree. You can remember the sound of speakers you listen to on a regular basis, it's just that you can't apply that sound to a room you have no knowledge of.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts