Rega Apollo still best CD player under £600?

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
I owned one for a few months and never had any issues regarding construction. I havent heard many other cd players at the price range, so sorry i cant help further. But i was not all that impressed with the Apollo and i think there are probably better cdp out there for the same price. Just my humble opinion.

A

Anonymous

flimsy construction; i'd totally disagree! its very solid, and the door opening mechanism is very nice and smooth. sound-wise its pretty damn good, although i haven't heard anything above its £475 price point.

T

the record spot

Don't know who said it was the best, given as there are a few contenders out there that would push it hard easily.

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
indietronic:
sthomas048:But i was not all that impressed with the Apollo and i think there are probably better cdp out there for the same price.

like?

I didnt like the Apollo. Over the years ive owned cdp that sounded better. Thats all ! :)

A

Anonymous

Well the What Hi-Fi review on this web site more or less pitches the Apollo as the best under £500 doesn't it? Which others in the price range are better?

the record spot:Don't know who said it was the best, given as there are a few contenders out there that would push it hard easily.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I bought one about a year ago to replace my NAD C545. You'll notice I still have the NAD in my sig. I did love the top loading mechanism, very sexy. The NAD sounds better IMO. More attack, more detail, more lively, more crisp. The Apollo sounded rounder, fatter and smoother which many people like, but the NAD worked better for my system.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I bought one in July 2009. Used it for a year. enjoyed it over my previous Marantz+MF DAC. Replaced it with MF XRAY V3 few weeks back. Put up the unit on ebay but with the hope that no one will buy it so that I can keep it for a second set up LOL. Still love the unit as it gave a very bold and warm sound to my set up. Also can read MP3 CDs while my new XRAY cannot.

T

the record spot

Hawkmoon:
Well the What Hi-Fi review on this web site more or less pitches the Apollo as the best under £500 doesn't it? Which others in the price range are better?

the record spot:Don't know who said it was the best, given as there are a few contenders out there that would push it hard easily.

"Better" being the point in question and opinion being another. Contenders would be - off the top of my head - the Cambridge Audio 650C, the Marantz SA7001-KI (now discontinued, but still available in the odd place), Exposure 2010s, the Audiolab 8000CD to name but four either side of £500.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts