Recording Sky tv

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Probably a stupid question that I think I know the answer to but not sure!

I have a standard Sky package and want to buy a Hard disc/DVD recorder. Do I need another cable running from the dish?

I know when you upgrade to Sky+ they run another cable, but I dont want to!

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

You won't/can't run another cable without adding to the LNB (the bit at the end of the arm on the dish). You won't be able to record one Sky tv channel and watch another Sky tv channel. You can however, watch a terrestrial tv channel while recording a channel from Sky.

Sky+ or SkyHD does allow you this option as they have twin tuners inside. Convenience and all you add is another cable. You could hide this?

You can connect the Sky digibox to the HDD/DVD recorder via a Scart cable.

You may also find that your HDD/DVD recorder has a built in freeview tuner (or two).

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Why don't you want to upgrade to Sky+?

When they run "another" cable they should actually REPLACE the existing cable with a shotgun cable, which is not two "separate" cables (it is really but it's moulded together). If the installations guy doesn't use shotgun cable, refuse the install, they sometimes try to cut costs by running another cable alongside the existing one.

Having a separate recorder is messy and you don't get to record one and watch one (or record two at the same time).

Or you may wish to wait a few months for the new freesat service to launch, you'll wait a while for a freesat PVR though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts