Record Store Day 2014 full list

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jjbomber

David@FrankHarvey said:
jjbomber said:
Now the important bit. Audio-t were giving away free sweets. The 'refreshers' were about half the size of the originals. they have gone the way of the Wagon Wheel.

As official Record Store Day participants (unlike other hi-fi stores), we were giving away full size Easter eggs. More people will probably have known we were part of RSD2014 if there was better support for independent hi-fi dealers by the media (cough cough), and they could've had a free egg as well as buying exclusive RSD releases (as well as being entered into prize draws!).

(I've steered clear of 'egg' puns)

The small 'Refreshers' were at an official Record Store Day, namely, Derrick;s in Swansea. Audio-t set up a Rega hi-fi upstairs, so you can buy your vinyl and then have it played properly upstairs. There was also a competition to win a RP1. they had 3 bowls of sweets. The Love Hearts were just 8 in a packet, but I'm not a fan of those. the 'Refreshers' were a crushing blow.

If the media knew you were giving away Easter eggs, they would have been beating down your door!!!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
jjbomber said:
The small 'Refreshers' were at an official Record Store Day, namely, Derrick;s in Swansea. Audio-t set up a Rega hi-fi upstairs, so you can buy your vinyl and then have it played properly upstairs. There was also a competition to win a RP1. they had 3 bowls of sweets. The Love Hearts were just 8 in a packet, but I'm not a fan of those. the 'Refreshers' were a crushing blow.
I'd have liked Sherbert Fountains. Would have been quite apt too, given the rock and roll lifestyle of artists during the vinyl era :)

If the media knew you were giving away Easter eggs, they would have been beating down your door!!!
We didn't publicise that (we kept it quiet as a surprise for those who made the effort to come in to us!), but no one tried to find anything out either...

jjbomber

David@FrankHarvey said:
As official Record Store Day participants (unlike other hi-fi stores), we were giving away full size Easter eggs.

Just for you David. Full story here:

http://audiot.squarespace.com/swansea/2014/4/30/records-broken-at-record-store-day.html?utm_source=eClub+Newsletter+May+14&utm_campaign=May+eClub&utm_medium=email

Note when I say full story they did leave out the bit about the sweets being a lot smaller than usual.

TRENDING THREADS