Recommended AV Receiver for my Home Cinema

mole

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've never owned a home cinema package before so I was hoping for some advice on the best AV Receiver for my budget (approx £500).

I'm having a garden room built in the garden (6m x 4m) divided between home cinema and office space. From reading various reviews I've narrowed my equipment down to:

Projector: Sony VPL-HW45ES

5.1 Speakers: Q Acoustics Q7000i

Impulsively, I've already bought an AV Receiver from Amazon on a Prime deal (Yamaha RXV381) for a low price (£230) but now I'm questoning whether this will be good enough to be paired with Q Acoustics 5.1 Speakers.

In an Amp I'm looking for the best sound rather than a load of features I'd never use. Reading the reviews on here it seems that I should be looking at a Denon or Yamaha. Could anyone offer an advice and whether to flog the RXV381 and buy something else, and if so which model?

Cheers

mole

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Looks very good...would the avr-x2200w differ much from this one? I see its available at £170 less than the 2300w

Nathan

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I've tried them both and to be honest the only difference was that you had to turn the 2200 up a bit more to fill the room. What the 2200 did on 70% power the 2300 did on less than 50. Aside from that, if you have a normal sized room, save the money and get the 2200w.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at a second hand Sony 5400ES. massive sounding amp, great with music too. It's got all the bells and whistles apart from Atmos. I picked mine up a couple of years ago for 400 quid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts