Recommended Apps

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there, recommendations for apps would be gratefully received. The 'top apps'are mainly puerile drivel so some wow factor or really useful apps would be good. Thanks.

Fisherman1

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Graham,

Without knowing what your interests are these might be a bit random. Have a look at Guardian Eyewitness, Living Earth, TED, BBC iPlayer and if sport is your thing then Sky Sports and ESPN Goals.

Dave.

A

Anonymous

If you're into the night sky thing then I prefer "star chart".
"TuneIn radio" is also dead handy if you like listening to the radio.
"MapMyRun" is good if you're into running.
"tv guide" is easy to use.
"dictionary" is a must have (also comes with a thesaurus)
"google earth"
"bbc news"
"riddles" gives your brain a quick workout.
"conversions" is useful

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
My best apps are probably The Guardian and the Sky ones - News, Sports including F1 and Sky Go. Unfortunately, these are subscription dependant! Free news comes from from BBC and France 24 (challenges my rusty skills!) I also use the iPad for Facebook, Twitter, Ebay and Amazon, handy while you're doing something else. For photos, Guardian Eyewitness and National Geographic France. Games-wise, the graphics on RealRacing2 are brilliant and the kids like it, but Scrabble is more my cup of tea!

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
My best apps are probably The Guardian and the Sky ones - News, Sports including F1 and Sky Go. Unfortunately, these are subscription dependant! Free news comes from from BBC and France 24 (challenges my rusty skills!) I also use the iPad for Facebook, Twitter, Ebay and Amazon, handy while you're doing something else. For photos, Guardian Eyewitness and National Geographic France. Games-wise, the graphics on RealRacing2 are brilliant and the kids like it, but Scrabble is more my cup of tea!

(Apologies for the double posting!)

Unpublished - duplicate post

A

Anonymous

Thanks for those, interest are music (lol), technology, gadgets, computing and some games (I was disappointed TBH in the graphics quality up to PC) but just interested in what you have.

I find most apps I have can be done by browsing more easily, i.e. banking, broadband speed tests, Tiger Woods etc.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
If you want to download You Tube content, try iSafeplay, it's free and works very well indeed.

Also, if Office applications are needed, iWorks suite is excellent. Each bit (pages, numbers and keynote) costs £7 I think but they are brilliant

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts